The Internship and Workforce Services team is dedicated to educating and preparing Valencia students for Central Florida's dynamic job market. We are experts in the industry, working to identify employment trends and how they will impact career choices for students.
The mission of Internship & Workforce Services is to facilitate a process for students to engage in work-based learning experiences that allows them to integrate knowledge and meaningful work experience through internships that prepare them for employment after graduation.
We partner with employers to provide high quality internship opportunities for students to apply principles and theories learned in the classroom, develop essential work-place skills, explore careers, and develop professional contacts.
- Assistance and resources to students to secure internships related to their major.
- Facilitate the process to enroll students in internship courses for academic credit.
- Maintain a Career Service Manager (Navigator) that students use to search for internships, and part-time and full-time jobs.
- Host job fairs, on-campus recruitment, internship-focused employer panels, information sessions, and other professional networking events that provide opportunities for students to connect directly with employers.
- Provide several options for employers to engage with our talented students for internships and employment opportunities, and professional development.
- Cooperative Education & Internship Association (CEIA) - http://www.ceiainc.org
- National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) - http://www.naceweb.org
- National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE) - http://www.nsee.org
- Southern Association of Colleges & Employers (SoACE) - http://www.soace.org