Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve — Chapter 1606, Title 10 U.S.C
Who Is Eligible?
Reservist must be actively drilling, have a 6-year obligation in the Selected Reserve, and satisfactory participation in required Selective Service training to be eligible.
You may be entitled to receive up to 36 months of education benefits, no extensions.
If you are eligible for two or more educational benefits, the new maximum would be 48 months.
Period of Eligibility
Your eligibility for the program normally ends on the day you leave the Selected Reserve.
Your eligibility may extend if the completion of your program was delayed because of an incurred injury or aggravated disability from service in selected reserve.
The kicker may be a part of the original enlistment contract or part of a re-enlistment contract. It is an additional amount added to the benefit. The possible monthly kicker levels are $100, $200, and $350.
VA students who are eligible to receive a monthly housing allowance (MHA) or Subsistence Allowance rates, please refer to the GI Bill comparison tool at https://www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool or call the General Education Hotline 1-888-442-4551.
|Student Category||Submit To Valencia||Completed During Initial Certification Appointment|
|First Time Using Benefits||
C.O.E - (Certificate of Eligibility)
- Apply at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ or call the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.
- **If the student changes the institution or has had a program change, the student will need to reapply for a new Certificate of Eligibility.
22-1990 -The Department of Veterans Affairs Application for Educational Benefits.
- Provided during initial certification appointment
N.O.B.E - Notice of Basic Eligibility.
22-1995 - Change of Place of Training Form.
Certification - Valencia College Veteran Affairs Certification of Enrollment Request
- The Certification needs to be submitted every semester and can be obtained at your local Valencia Veterans Services Campus or Online.
Transient Form - Authorization to take course(s) at a secondary institution
- For Florida Institutions, submit a Transient Student Admissions Application
- For all other states, request a letter from your primary school addressed to Valencia College Certifying Official. Please refer to example.