Reserve Educational Assistance Program — Chapter 1607, Title 10 U.S.C
Who Is Eligible?
For active members of the Selected Reserve called to active duty for 90 days or more and members of the Individual Ready Reserve called to active duty in support of a contingency operation or a national emergency declared by the President or Congress.
You may be entitled to receive up to 36 months of education benefits, no extensions.
If you are eligible for two or more educational benefits, the new maximum would be 48 months.
$600 Buy-Up Program
Some reservists may contribute up to an additional $600 to the GI Bill to receive increased monthly benefits. For an additional $600 contribution, you may receive up to $5400 in additional GI Bill benefits.
Period of Eligibility
10 years from the separation date if separated after completing service contract and discharge isn't dishonorable.
10 years from Chapter 1607 eligibility date if separated for disability.
|Student Category||Submit To Valencia||Request From Valencia|
|First Time Using Benefits||
C.O.E - (Certificate of Eligibility)
- Obtain this from the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551
22-1990 -The Department of Veterans Affairs Application for Educational Benefits.
- Submit 22-1990 through VONAPP. Print out and provide a copy with confirmation number to a Valencia College VA Representative.
DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
- The DD-214 is issued upon a military service member's retirement, separation, or discharge from active-duty military.
22-1995 - Change of Place of Training Form.
- Submit 22-1995 through VONAPP. Print out and provide a copy with confirmation number to a Valencia College VA Representative.
Certification - Valencia College Veteran Affairs Certification of Enrollment Request
- The Certification needs to be submitted every semester and can be obtained at your local Valencia Veterans Services Campus or Online.
Transient Form - Authorization to take course(s) at a secondary institution
- For Florida Institutions, submit a Transient Student Admissions Application
- For all other states, request a letter from your primary school addressed to Valencia College Certifying Official. Please refer to example.
Example of Transient Letter
[Name and Address of Primary School]
[Name and Address of Secondary School]
[Student's Name (Claim Number)] is a chapter [e.g., 30] student at [Name of School (facility code)] pursuing a [Name of Program, e.g. B.S. History degree].
The course(s) listed below satisfy [Name of Program] requirements and will transfer at full value to [Name of School].
[List course(s) by title and number.]
Student intends to take the above course(s) at [Secondary School] during [Identify term, e.g. Spring term 2018] as a guest student. Please certify the courses to VA as the secondary school.
[Signature of the Certifying Official]