Welcome to the Office of Academic Affairs at Valencia College
At Valencia College, the Office of Academic Affairs is committed to ensuring the success of faculty, students and staff. Our mission is to provide strategic vision, leadership and support for inclusive academic excellence and integrity to further our core focus on exemplary teaching and learning, our collaborative culture, and service to the College and community.
I invite you to explore our website to learn how this office supports and promotes the College's progress in academic programming, faculty development, and academic affairs. I hope you will return often for updates on these activities.
The Division of Academic Affairs includes the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and five departments that report to the Vice President:
The Academic Affairs Leadership Team (AALT) works collaboratively across campuses to continuously strengthen and support Valencia as a national leader of college excellence.
We value and support learning through:
- Robust program design
- Faculty development
- Continuous improvement thru evidence based practices
- (People) Collaborative leadership and deliberative engagement
- Diversity through the purposeful understanding of points of view and the promotion of inclusive excellence
- Access by working with our community partners to build purposeful pathways to and through the college and beyond to help learners achieve their goals
- Community support through collaborative and responsive partnerships to build Economic and social growth, enrichment, and transformation (UCF DirectConnect™, K-12)
- Integrity by staying true to the college's core values, and ensuring compliance with state, regional and federal regulations.
The AALT members provide strategic leadership, guidance, and expertise in the areas of:
- Career and Workforce Education
- Faculty Development