Valencia's Assessment Coordinating Committee (ACC)
- oversees assessment plans for AS/BS/BAS/AA degrees and general education,
- stewards a process that promotes college-wide and interdisciplinary collaboration,
- coordinates each two-year cycle (complete with learning outcomes review, assessment, and implementation of improvement strategies),
- and is responsible to Learning Council for ongoing, holistic assessment of the college’s
assessment process related to the two identified outcomes of the Learning Outcomes Assessment Model:
- Stakeholders are engaged in a reflective process related to professional practice and student learning outcomes.
- Pedagogical, curricular, and co‐curricular changes are made in response to and alignment with assessment results.
The committee is responsible for maintaining a written set of principles, guidelines and best practices for implementing a learning assessment and improvement cycle that allow flexibility for brave, collaborative, and creative faculty work for improving learning.
The committee determines whether proposed assessment plans adhere with college principles and best practices for assessment, and provide recommendations to the plan. Such plans should include -
- A proposal for reviewing and updating (as needed, through the Curriculum Committee) course and program learning outcomes and ensuring alignment with the appropriate curriculum map.
- Proposed assessment criteria for the outcomes.
- A plan for developing and implementing improvement plans based on the results of the assessment.
- A collaboration and communication plan that ensures wide stakeholder involvement in the process.
The committee is responsible for the creation and maintenance of curriculum maps at the college that ensure that there is alignment between course learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and that the assessment process at the college demonstrates achievement of program learning outcomes.
The committee provides an annual interdisciplinary opportunity for presentations of innovative plans, lessons learned, unsuccessful interventions, and successful results that signal potential for further impact if adopted by other areas.
The committee produces appropriate documentation of the work submitted and its own work to ensure that accreditation needs of the institution can be met.
For more information on Valencia's Learning Outcome Assessment Model use this link to connect to the Learning Outcomes Assessment webpage.
To learn more on how to use the resources and examples, use this link to view a short video.
|Co-chair||Nichole Fehrenbach||Dir., Learning Assessmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CTE Faculty Co-chair||Kristin Abel||Professor, Theater Techemail@example.com|
|Gen Ed Faculty Co-chair||Nicholas Bekas||Professor, Englishfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|BA/BAS Faculty||Susan Gosnell||Professor, Radiologic & Imaging Sciences|
|CTE Faculty||Brian Murphy||Professor, Criminal Justice Technologyemail@example.com|
|CTE Faculty||Ravi Rajaravivarma||Professor, Electronic Engineering Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CTE Faculty||Lisa Gray||Professor of Accountingemail@example.com|
|Gen Ed Faculty||Andrea Rediske||Professor, Biologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gen Ed Faculty||Chip Turner||Faculty, New Student Experienceemail@example.com|
|Gen Ed Faculty||Tim Grogan||Professor, Biologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|CTE Dean||Marie Vasquez-Brooks||Dean, School of Allied Healthemail@example.com|
|Executive Dean||John Niss||Interim Executive Deanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gen Ed Dean||Scott Creamer||Dean, Humanities and Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Gen Ed Dean||Wes Johnson||Dean, Communicationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Faculty Development||Dori Haggerty||Campus Dir., Faculty & Instructional Developmentemail@example.com|
|Institutional Research||Donna Payne||Institutional Research Analystfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Curriculum & Articulation||Cheryl Robinson||Dir., Curriculum & Articulationemail@example.com|
|Institutional Effectiveness||Darren Smith||Dir., Institutional Effectivenessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ex Officio||Daryl Davis||Assistant VP, Analytics & Reportingemail@example.com|
|Ex Officio||Geni Wright||Interim Assistant VP, Academic Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ex Officio||Nasser Hedayat||Assistant VP, Career & Workforce Educationemail@example.com|
For more information or further assistance with the assessment coordinating committee meetings, meeting outlines, or meeting notes please contact Nichole Fehrenbach firstname.lastname@example.org, Kristin Abel email@example.com or Nick Bekas firstname.lastname@example.org.