Strategic Indicator Reports
What is a Strategic Indicator Report?
Valencia's Strategic Indicator Reports provide an overview of key areas of importance to Valencia—student demographics, student progression, online students, etc. The individual reports incorporate State of Florida accountability measures as well as Valencia-generated data to present a succinct overview of self-defined student performance and student success indicators.
Additional Strategic Indicator Reports will be added in the future and current reports will be updated annually.
SIR Online Student Overview
The 2015-2016 Online Student Overview Strategic Indicator Report highlights characteristics of students who enroll in online courses and students who enroll in all modalities during the 2003-2004 through 2015-2016 academic year. This report includes the following:
- FTE (Full-time equivalent) for academic years 2003-2004 through 2015-2016
- Online, mixed-mode, and face-to-face (collegewide)
- Student characteristics data for all modalities and online for Fall terms 2003 through
- Headcount, gender, ethnicity, age range and average credit hours attempted
- Glossary of Institutional Research terms
The 2013-2014 Student Demographics Strategic Indicator Report (SIR) provides the following information in graphical and tabular format:
- Headcount (Unduplicated) by Reporting Year 2003 through 2013 (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Headcount (Unduplicated) Fall Term
- by gender, race/ethnicity, age, and student classification (Fall Term 2003 - 2013)
- by direct connect to UCF (Fall Term 2007 - 2013)
- by degree intent and full-time and part-time student status (Fall 2003 - 2014)
- FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) by Reporting Year 2006 through 2014 (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- New Student Share of Total Credit FTE (less than 15 hours completed at Valencia)
- Three-year College Preparatory Success Rate by Ethnicity (Mathematics, Writing, Reading) (Fall 2005 - Fall 2013)
A Glossary of terminology used in Valencia's Student Demographics SIR is available here.
The Strategic Indicator Report (SIR) provides interactive data following the path students often take to complete their degree at Valencia. This path frequently begins with completing the necessary Developmental Education courses as students proceed to Graduation.
- Developmental Education - Successful Program Completion within 3 Full Academic Years
- Developmental Education - Collegewide Success (A, B, C) and Withdrawal (W, WP, WF)
- Front Door High Enrollment Courses
- Persistence - Degree-seeking, First Time at Valencia (FTAV) Cohort by Enrollment Category
- Persistence Rates - Degree-seeking, First Time in College (FTIC) by Gender and Ethnicity
- Progression - Degree-seeking, Fall First Time in College (FTIC) Tracked over Time
- Graduation Rates - Degree-seeking, First Time in College (FTIC) over 5 Years
- Completion Rates and Time to Graduation - Degree-seeking, First Time in College (FTIC)
A Glossary of terminology used in Valencia's Student Progression SIR is available here.