Division Mission Statement
Consistent with the mission of Valencia College, the Division of Engineering, Computer Programming, and Technology (ECPT) seeks to prepare students to perform competently in the fields of building construction, drafting and design, software development, information technology, engineering, and a variety of engineering technologies by providing high quality programs for Technical Certificates, Associate in Science Degrees, and Bachelor of Science Degrees.
To achieve the goals of this mission, we will:
- Develop innovative instructional methods by dedicated faculty involved in the scholarship of teaching via new techniques for learning and assessment.
- Teach students to apply the fundamentals of science, mathematics, and communications, as well as advanced technical concepts in specific technology fields.
- Provide a foundation and opportunity for life-long learning and adaptation to a changing, sustainable world, with a continuing emphasis on open access and diversity in a global economy.
- Provide students with professionally-delivered learning experiences that are appropriate and innovative.
- Encourage students to develop a solid basis of professional and ethical standards.
- Provide the experiences necessary for students to strengthen their analytical, critical, and reflective thinking and to develop their collaborative and communication skills.
- Serve the community through education and service programs which utilize and showcase the unique talents of Valencia faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintain close relationships with industry through active advisory committees and customized corporate training and education.
- Provide a strong foundation upon which students may achieve additional educational goals.
Department Info for Current Students
- Articulated Degree Pathway: Computer Science
- Articulated Degree Pathway: Engineering
- Articulated Degree Pathway: Information Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology - Bachelor of Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology - Associate in Science
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Programming and Analysis
- Cybersecurity and Network Engineering Technology
- Energy Management and Controls Technology
Location and Hours
- Bldg 9, Rm 140
- 407-582-1904 // Fax: 407-582-1900
Valencia Engineering, Computer Programming, and Technology
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
National Society of Black Engineers Student Chapter
Society of Women Engineers
Florida Engineering Society Valencia College Student Chapter
FES Facebook Group
|Paul Wilder||Engineering & IT Office WEC||Dean, Engin, Comp Prgrm & Tech||(407) 582-1818|
|Joan Alexander||Computer Program WEC||Professor, Comp Prgrm/Analy||Profile|
|Radu Bunea||Electronics Engineering WEC||Professor, Electronic Eng Tech||Profile|
|Masood Ejaz||Electrical & Computer Engineer WEC||Professor, Elec/Comp Eng Tech||Profile|
|Deb Hall||Electronics Engineering WEC||Professor, Electronic Eng Tech||Profile|
|Mohua Kar||Engineering WEC||Professor, Engineering||Profile|
|Andy Ray||Building Construction WEC||Professor, Bldg Const Tech||Profile|
|Wael Yousif||Cybersecurity and Network Eng Tech||Professor, Network Eng Tech||Profile|
Career Program Advisors
|Courtney Demings||Organizational Development||Coord, Equal Opportunity|
|Nancy Girgis||Dean of Students WEC||Coord, Career Program Advisor||(407) 582-5623|
|Beverly Moore-Johnson||Career Program Advising WEC||Coord, Career Prgm Advis, W||(407) 582-1890|
|Jon Sowell||Career Program Advising WEC||Coord, Career Prgm Advis, W||(407) 582-1973|
Florida Tech Scholarships for Valencia Grads
Each year, Florida Tech, a private university located in Melbourne that has been named one of the top technological colleges in the Southeast, and Valencia College make 15 Presidential Transfer Scholarships available to exceptional students who are graduating from Valencia College and wish to continue their undergraduate studies at Florida Tech’s Melbourne campus.
The Presidential Transfer Scholarship is awarded annually for students entering in the fall semester only.