Alternative Certification

If you hold a BA/BS degree and are interested in earning teacher credentials in the State of Florida, please access the Educator Preparation Institute (EPI). Please note, there are two recommended ways to complete a teacher education certification:

  1. Undergraduate Program (AA & BA/BS degrees): Students without a BA/BS degree should enroll in the Teacher Education Program, complete an AA degree with the required TEP prerequisite courses, pass the General Knowledge Test BEFORE transferring to a University program, and then complete the TEP at the university along with the required certification tests.
  2. Alternative Certification: Students who hold a BA/BS degree should enroll in the Educator Prep Institute (only on West Campus) and complete the courses/certification tests outlined in the program.