Career Action Distinction
Like many decisions you've made before, career selection is a defining moment. This distinction offers a variety of activities and resources that support career exploration and employment readiness — getting and keeping a job.
Through this experience, you will:
- Increase self-awareness
- Explore and evaluate career and transfer school options
- Gain an awareness of what it means to be a "professional" in the workplace
- Learn how to market yourself to employers, and make yourself more competitive in your job search
- A cord at graduation
- A recognition of completion
- A co-curricular verification letter of activities completed
- An enhancement to your resume and transfer college application
Plus, more benefits to gain a competitive edge:
- Connect your college experience to your career
- Practice job search and networking skills
- Learn what it means to be a professional
- Maximize your research skills as you prepare for transfer or the workforce
Enrollment is open to any degree-seeking student at Valencia during the start of both Fall and Spring semesters. We suggest that you have completed 12-15 credit hours before beginning.
You'll be accumulating 100 points in the following dimensions by participating in Skillshops, activities and campus/community events. To begin, attend an Orientation — we'll help you get on track.
- Who Am I? Self-Awareness
- Where Am I Going? Exploration/Research
- How Do I Get There? Becoming a Professional
Open enrollment for the Fall term starts August 9, 2021 and ends November 30, 2021. Contact the Career Center for more information.