Career Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
Understanding Your Rights
- American Disabilities Act
- National Disability Rights
- U.S. Depart of Labor Employment Rights
- Worker Rights
- ResumeBuilder provides information on how to build a resume for job seekers with disabilities.
Disclosing a disability
Job Search Resources
- Tickettowork helps people who receive Social Security find work and keep health benefits.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) offers free consulting to anyone looking for work with a medical condition.
- USA.gov offers job training for individuals with disabilities.
- Goodwill helps individuals learn skills to gain employment in their community.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Guide to requesting and negotiating reasonable accommodation under the American Disabilities Act.
- Good Jobs Initiative focus is to provide information on improving job quality and access to good jobs free of discrimination and harassment.
- Careeronestop Interviewing information.
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion provides information on state vocational rehabilitation agencies.
- Goodwill career blog