Get Your Credits
Congratulations! Through your hard work and perseverance in high school career and technical education (CTE) classes, you are eligible to receive Valencia College credit at no cost to you through Career Pathways. To avoid registering for courses earned through Career Pathways, we recommend you request these credits as soon as you enroll at Valencia.
Please note: Without your Valencia VID, we are unable to process your credit request. Please wait to submit the online form until you can provide both your Valencia VID and high school ID numbers.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR AWARD OF CREDITS?
- Students must pass the Career Pathways assessment in high school.
- High school students must earn a grade of “C” or better in the CTE course for which articulated credit is requested. To find details of the requirements for your articulated credit, go to Career and Technical Education Articulations, select your Career Pathways Cluster and your program link.
- Students must enroll at Valencia and declare the articulated A.S. degree program of study on Valencia application. Learn more about A.S. degree programs.
- Students will not be charged any fees for award of articulated credits covered by the agreement. Note: The grade for Career Pathways articulated course is indicated as “Z” on your transcript.
- Students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting with a Career Program Advisor who will help you claim your credit.
- Students must complete one course at Valencia prior to award of credit. Note: Dual enrollment at Valencia does not fulfill the requirement for award of credit.
- Note: Valencia College credits earned through Career Pathways are valid up to two years after your high school graduation.
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY CAREER PATHWAYS CREDITS?
Complete these simple steps:
- Follow the Steps to Enroll at Valencia.
- Declare the articulated A.S. degree on the Valencia application.
- Click on the red “Get Your Credits Request Form” button at the top of this page (Valencia VID required) to submit your request for credit.
- Email email@example.com to schedule a meeting with your Career Program Advisor who will help you claim your Career Pathways credit.
- Meet with your Career Program Advisor who will assist you with your career goals and help you enroll in the right courses.
- Once you complete one course at Valencia, please follow up with your Career Program Advisor again. The Career Program Advisor will verify that you have met all criteria and initiate the award of credit process.
WILL MY CAREER PATHWAYS CREDIT TRANSFER TO A UNIVERSITY?
Other institutions may award Career Pathways credits. Please check with the admissions office of the institution you plan to attend for more information.
CAN I ALSO BE ELIGIBLE FOR BRIGHT FUTURES?
Yes, check with your Guidance Counselor for more information. Financial Aid is also available.