About the Learning Support Center
The Learning Support Center (LSC) at the Downtown campus offers free tutoring for a variety of courses, as well as free equipment rentals.
Free Services We Offer
- Free walk-in tutoring is available in the LSC for a variety of courses/subjects. Frequently
supported courses include:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Developmental Math
- College Mathematics
- Math for Liberal Arts
- And many more!
- Check to see when a tutor is available for your course: Spring 2020 Downtown Learning Support Center (LSC) Tutoring Schedule
- Sometimes life happens and a tutor may not be able to make it in. If that's the case,
you can find updates here:
- February 24th (Monday): Marize unavailable (for A&P)
- April 13th (Monday): Marize unavailable (for A&P)
- Scheduled LSC Closures for Spring 2020:
- January 19th-20th, MLK Jr Day Weekend
- March 7th-15th, Spring Break
- April 12th, Easter Sunday
- April 22nd, Last day of Tutoring and Writing Consultations for Spring
- Sometimes life happens and a tutor may not be able to make it in. If that's the case, you can find updates here:
- LSC Tutors help students utilize effective study strategies to learn and understand the material for their courses. The tutors will work with students to break down difficult concepts using various interactive approaches to learning.
- Who are the LSC Tutors?
- LSC Tutors are individuals who have demonstrated their content knowledge in the classes that they are tutoring. They have been trained in effective tutoring techniques so that in addition to course content, they are able to help students learn study strategies that will aid students in their success in future classes as well.
- Review sessions for PERT math and AAF:
- For more information, please visit the Testing Center website in the "Downtown Campus Retake Procedures" section at the bottom of the page.
Materials & Equipment Rentals
- With a valid VID, students can check out the following items for 4 hours at a time:
- TI-84C Graphing Calculator
- Scientific Calculator
- Select Textbooks
- Note: Make sure to return the item on time in order to avoid incurring a $1.00/hour fine.
- Please come by the LSC to tell us how we're doing! This is also an opportunity for you to tell your success story or offer suggestions for growth and improvement. We are always striving to better our services to accommodate your needs as well as recognizing our tutors for the amazing support they provide.
- Was there a particular course or subject that you were looking for assistance with, but we currently do not offer? Please come by the LSC to complete the Interest Form and let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the LSC located?
Dr. Phillips Academic Commons (DPAC), Room 330 (in the middle of the bridge on the 3rd floor)
When does tutoring start for Spring 2020?
Monday, January 13th
Have questions? Call the Downtown Learning Support Center: (407) 235-3725