The Osceola Campus provides tutoring services in a wide variety of subjects to enhance learning via peer-to-peer instruction.
- Provide one-on-one or small-group tutoring to currently enrolled students in a particular discipline.
- Assess academic ability of students being tutored using provided measurement instruments.
- Meet with supervisory staff on a regularly scheduled basis to discuss academic progress of students being tutored.
- Keep accurate and timely records of tutoring and/or lab time on the daily sign-in log.
- Assist supervisor with academic needs assessment.
- Document student progress for each session using provided instruments
- Participate in staff development training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills for all Tutors:
- Must have evidence of successful completion of college-level academic work.
- Acceptable eyesight (with/without corrective aids).
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor and other faculty.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, which includes nights and weekends.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software programs related to discipline area.
- Ability to tutor individuals or small groups of students.
- Ability to use appropriate learning techniques/strategies to achieve specific learning outcomes.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
If you are interested in applying for a position as a tutor at the Osceola Campus, please fill out an application.