Roadmap for Reopening
A Phased Approach to Reopening Our Campuses and Locations
As we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our faculty, staff and students and preserve the continuity of learning, Valencia College is planning a phased approach to reopening – following best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local health agencies, and our planning partner, Orlando Health.
All of the latest information about our COVID-19 response can be found on this site.
Returning to the Campus
Valencia College will move to Phase 4 operations on Sunday, August 1, 2021.
In Phase 4, all departments, programs, facilities, locations, campuses and services will be fully operational, having adapted to new paradigms and protocols for social engagement. A full reopening of Valencia College campuses and locations will occur based on the guidance of federal, state and local agencies, as well as our ability to provide a safe and healthy environment for faculty, staff and students.
Roadmap for Reopening
Phase 4 is here!
We look forward to seeing you on campus and assure you that we will continue to monitor local, state, and federal guidance regarding the protocols that helps us maintain a healthy and safe environment. We strongly encourage you to take measures to protect yourself including being vaccinated, staying home if you don’t feel well, and wearing a mask when you are indoors.
Valencia College is here to support you if you feel ill, test positive for COVID-19 or come in contact with someone who has tested positive. Download this Illness Reporting and Contact Tracing Quick Reference Guide for detailed reporting and contact-tracing protocols.
For faculty, staff and students who will be on a Valencia Campus, please note the following expectations and prevention strategies.
- The Daily Health Assessment is not required: Although the assessment is not required, please know the symptoms of COVID-19, and stay home if you feel sick.
- Until CDC guidance for Orange and Osceola counties indicates that masks are no longer recommended indoors, we expect everyone on campus to wear masks when indoors at any Valencia College facility. This includes employees, students, visitors, and vendors, regardless of vaccination status. If someone forgets to bring a mask, masks will be widely available near building entrances, in classrooms, student services offices, and other campus facilities.
- When we collaboratively designed our plans for the fall semester, we acted very conservatively, scheduling smaller class sizes in order to accommodate physical distancing in onsite classes. Our facilities team has measured each classroom on campus and determined the capacity of each room that allows for physical distancing. Other campus spaces, from our libraries to cafeterias, will also be arranged to accommodate physical distancing, and any face-to-face meetings with students or colleagues, as well as events, will be held in rooms that allow for distancing.
- Remember to keep your hands clean by washing them regularly. Hand sanitizing stations have been placed on campus so you can keep hands clean when hand washing with soap and water is not convenient.
- If you become ill with COVID-like symptoms, test positive, come in close contact to someone who tests positive or must provide care for someone with COVID-19, please follow our illness reporting protocols.
All services are available in-person and online. Visit the Student Services site for more information.
To help with the preparation for a phased approach to reopen our campuses, we have compiled and made available a variety of resource material and videos.
Learn about the process for illness reporting and contact-tracing, as well as a report of the most recent on campus positive COVID-19 cases.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The college’s coronavirus website is being updated with the latest, most relevant information. Please check the site regularly.
Need help with admissions, financial aid, registration or other enrollment steps? Visit the Answer Center.
Course Schedule Search
For current course offerings, search the listing of credit courses available prior to registration each term.
International Student Services
Information and resources regarding academic and immigration advising to international students under F-1 visa status during the Coronavirus 2020 (COVID-19) outbreak.