Home School/Florida Virtual School (FLVS) Students
Spring 2020 Dates
- Application Opens: Monday, September 9, 2019
- Application Closes: Monday, October 14, 2019
- Test Score Deadline: Friday, November 1, 2019
Fall 2020 Dates
- Application Opens: Monday, January 27, 2020
- Application Closes: Monday, March 2, 2020
- Test Score Deadline: Monday, April 13, 2020
Homeschool and Florida Virtual School (FLVS) students registered with Orange or Osceola County Home Education program are eligible to participate in Valencia's Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
- Home School/Florida Virtual School New Student Application Steps
- Accepted Student Checklist
- Test Score Requirements
Please note that our application process has changed for the Spring 2019 application.
Homeschool/FLVS New Student Application Steps:
- Meet Participation Requirements
- Have a minimum 3.0 unweighted (high school) CGPA for grades 6-12 at the time of application.
- Obtain eligible test scores in all three sections (reading, writing/English and math) through the PERT, ACT and/or SAT by the test score deadline.
- Reside in Orange or Osceola County and be registered as a Home Education Student with Orange or Osceola County at the time of application.
- Visit the Valencia College Dual Enrollment website and click on the "Apply Now" button.
- Create a Login ID (this will be your Web ID, please make a note of it) and a PIN; select "Login". Please be aware that the Login ID is case sensitive.
- For Application Type, select "Dual Enrollment Student"; select "Continue". Please note: the Dual Enrollment application is free of cost.
- Select admit term, provide your first name and last name; select "Fill Out Application". Once prompted to the checklist, select "Name" and click "Next".
- Provide all of the requested information for: Mailing Address, Personal Information, School Information (provide the information by using the "Lookup High School Code"), Additional Information, Parent Education and Military.
- Once all of the sections have been completed, you will be prompted to the checklist. Confirm that all items have a green checkmark and select "Application is Complete".
- Read and agree to the terms. You will be redirected to the Signature Page where you will click on "Dual Enrollment Application Signature Request form".
- Please create your student account for Dynamic Forms. You will be required to provide
your parent/legal guardian's email address; an incorrect email address will delay
processing time. Please note: you and your parent/legal guardian cannot share the same e-mail address;
you must each have your own, unique e-mail address.
- You will be required to upload an unofficial high school transcript with your high school CGPA (you can use the Homeschool/FLVS High School Template provided by Valencia's Dual Enrollment program if needed) and a Letter of Verification of Home Education (issued within the last year) provided by Orange or Osceola County.
- To obtain the Letter of Verification of Home Education, contact the following:
- Osceola County
- Charter Schools and Educational Choices Department: 407-870-4847
- Orange County
- Home Education Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Osceola County
- After you complete the student form, it will generate an email to your parent/legal guardian for participation approval. Your parent/legal guardian must create their own Dynamic Forms account in order to approve the DE application.
- Once all of the required documents have been uploaded and the parent/legal guardian provides an online signature, your DE application will be submitted to the Dual Enrollment office.
- After your Dual Enrollment application has been received with all required signatures, please allow five business days for your Valencia Identification Number (VID) to be issued and sent to the email address provided. Be sure to provide an accurate email address that is checked regularly. If you have previously applied, your VID number will remain the same.
- All DE applicants must have eligible test scores (PERT, SAT and/or ACT) in all three sections (reading, writing/English and math) on file at Valencia College by the test score deadline in order to be accepted for Dual Enrollment. All test scores must be less than two years old at the time of application. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted. Please read below for important eligible test score information.
- Taking the PERT at the Valencia Assessment Center:
- Must submit a DE application and receive a VID number.
- Take your VID, and a state or federally issued picture ID (i.e.,driver's license or passport) to the Assessment Center. Testing is offered on a walk in basis at all campuses except Downtown. To make an appointment to take the PERT at the Downtown Campus, please call 407-235-3825. If you do not have a state or federally issued form of ID, an original birth certificate or a social security card along with a school ID can be accepted.
- DE students can take the PERT three times at Valencia in a two-year period. No fee is required for the first attempt. Two retakes per sub-test is allowed; you must wait at least 24 hours to retake, attend a Valencia College retake review session and pay $10 per sub-test. Scores from other college institutions will not be accepted. For more information, visit the assessment website.
- SAT and ACT scores must be sent directly from College Board or ACT to Valencia College (allow five weeks for scores to be delivered and processed).
- Acceptance letters will be sent via USPS. The letter will include your next steps or you can refer to the Accepted Student Checklist tab above.
- Please email email@example.com to check your application status.
Test Score Requirements
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Valencia College for reading, writing and math, by the deadline for the desired term of enrollment. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.
Accepted Student Checklist:
- Set up your Atlas account once you receive the official Dual Enrollment acceptance letter via USPS mail.
- Complete the mandatory Dual Enrollment New Student Orientation via your Atlas account. You will not be able to register for courses until the online orientation is complete.
- Register for classes via your Atlas account. Read the details about registering for Valencia courses on the Dual Enrollment Course Registration page.
- Tuition and lab fees are waived for all DE approved courses. You are not responsible any tuition balance.
- Obtaining textbooks:
Textbooks will be provided by Valencia College. The provided textbooks are the property of Valencia College and must be returned to the bookstore at the end of the term. You must personally visit the Valencia College campus bookstore associated with the courses that you are registered for with your printed Student Detail Schedule and your Valencia College ID card to pick up your textbooks. You can pick up textbooks up to two weeks before the first day of classes and up to two weeks after the first day of classes at Valencia College; if you fail to purchase textbooks during this time frame, you will be held responsible for the full cost of textbooks. Textbooks must be returned to the campus bookstore the textbooks were purchased at no later than the week following final exams.
- You must maintain a minimum 3.0 high school CGPA and a minimum 2.0 Valencia College GPA per semester in order to continue participating in the DE program. Academic Probation (two "W"s/withdrawals OR two consecutive terms with a Valencia College GPA below 2.0) will result in dismissal from DE program.
- You are eligible to register for up to 4 courses/13 credit hours for Fall, 4 courses/13 credit hours for Spring and 2 courses/7 credit hours for Summer.
- A balance will remain on your account until the end of the term. You are not responsible for the tuition balance and it will not impact your registration status.
- You can book an appointment with a DE advisor to select Valencia courses that will meet your high school requirements.