Home School/Florida Virtual School (FLVS) Students
Fall 2019 Dates:
Application Opens: Monday, February 25
Application Deadline: Monday, March 25
Test Score Deadline: Monday, April 15
Homeschool and Florida Virtual School (FLVS) students registered with Orange or Osceola County Home Education program are eligible to participate in Valencia's Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
- Home School/Florida Virtual School New Student Application Steps
- Accepted Student Checklist
- Test Score Requirements
Please note that our application process has changed for the Spring 2019 application.
Homeschool/FLVS New Student Application Steps:
- Meet Participation Requirements
- Have a minimum 3.0 unweighted high school CGPA for grades 6-12 at the time of application.
- Obtain eligible test scores in all three sections (reading, writing/English and math) through the PERT, ACT and/or SAT by the test score deadline.
- Reside in Orange or Osceola County and be registered as a Home Education Student with Orange or Osceola County at the time of application.
- Visit the Valencia College Dual Enrollment website and click on the "Apply Now" button.
- Create a Login ID (this will be your Web ID, please make a note of it) and a PIN; select "Login". Please be aware that the Login ID is case sensitive.
- For Application Type, select "Dual Enrollment Student"; select "Continue". Please note: the Dual Enrollment application is free of cost.
- Select admit term, provide your first name and last name; select "Fill Out Application". Once prompted to the checklist, select "Name" and click "Next".
- Provide all of the requested information for: Mailing Address, Personal Information, School Information (provide the information by using the "Lookup High School Code"), Additional Information, Parent Education and Military.
- Once all of the sections have been completed, you will be prompted to the checklist. Confirm that all items have a green checkmark and select "Application is Complete".
- Read and agree to the terms. You will be redirected to the Signature Page where you will click on "Dual Enrollment Application Signature Request form".
- Please create your student account for Dynamic Forms. You will be required to provide
your parent/legal guardian's email address; an incorrect email address will delay
processing time. Please note: you and your parent/legal guardian cannot share the same e-mail address;
you must each have your own, unique e-mail address.
- You will be required to upload an unofficial high school transcript with your high school CGPA (you can use the Homeschool/FLVS High School Template provided by Valencia's Dual Enrollment program if needed) and a Letter of Verification of Home Education (issued within the last year) provided by Orange or Osceola County.
- To obtain the Letter of Verification of Home Education, contact the following:
- Osceola County
- Charter Schools and Educational Choices Department: 407-870-4847
- Orange County
- Toney Shoemaker (email@example.com)
- Osceola County
- After you complete the student form, it will generate an email to your parent/legal guardian for participation approval. Your parent/legal guardian must create their own Dynamic Forms account in order to approve the DE application.
- Once all of the required documents have been uploaded and the parent/legal guardian provides an online signature, your DE application will be submitted to the Dual Enrollment office.
- After your Dual Enrollment application has been received with all required signatures, please allow five business days for your Valencia Identification Number (VID) to be issued and sent to the email address provided. Be sure to provide an accurate email address that is checked regularly. If you have previously applied, your VID number will remain the same.
- All DE applicants must have eligible test scores (PERT, SAT and/or ACT) in all three sections (reading, writing/English and math) on file at Valencia College by the test score deadline in order to be accepted for Dual Enrollment. All test scores must be less than two years old at the time of application. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted. Please read below for important eligible test score information.
- PERT Scores:
- Reading: 106
- Writing: 103
- Math: 96 (College Mathematics or Introduction to Statistical Reasoning)
- Math: 114 (Intermediate Algebra)
- Math: 123 (College Algebra)
- Taking the PERT at the Valencia Assessment Center:
- Must submit a DE application and receive a VID number.
- Take your VID, and a state or federally issued picture ID (i.e.,driver's license or passport) to the Assessment Center to test on a walk-in basis, no appointment needed. If you do not have a state or federally issued form of ID, an original birth certificate or a social security card along with a school ID can be accepted.
- DE students can take the PERT three times at Valencia in a two-year period. No fee is required for the first attempt. Two retakes per sub-test is allowed; you must wait at least 24 hours to retake, attend a Valencia College retake review session and pay $10 per sub-test. Scores from other college institutions will not be accepted. For more information, visit the assessment website.
- ACT Scores:
- Reading: 19
- English: 17
- Math: 19 (Intermediate Algebra)
- Math: 21 (College Algebra)
- SAT Scores:
- Verbal/Critical Reading: 24
- Writing: 25
- Math: 24 (Intermediate Algebra)
- Math: 26.5 (College Algebra)
- SAT and ACT scores must be sent directly from College Board or ACT to Valencia College (allow five weeks for scores to be delivered and processed).
- Acceptance letters will be sent via USPS. The letter will include your next steps or you can refer to the Accepted Student Checklist tab above.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check your application status.
Accepted Student Checklist:
- Set up your Atlas account once you receive the official Dual Enrollment acceptance letter via USPS mail.
- Complete the mandatory Dual Enrollment New Student Orientation via your Atlas account. You will not be able to register for courses until the online orientation is complete.
- Register for classes via your Atlas account. Read the details about registering for Valencia courses on the Dual Enrollment Course Registration page.
- Tuition and lab fees are waived for all DE approved courses. You are not responsible any tuition balance.
- Obtaining textbooks:
- You will be allotted a total of $300 per semester for textbook purchases only. Academic tools and supplies (such as calculators, pens, notebooks, backpacks and
other electronics) cannot be purchased using the $300. However, you can purchase them
at your own cost. Fall 2019 textbooks can be purchased from August 12, 2019 to September 9, 2019; students who fail to purchase textbooks during this time frame will be held responsible
for the full cost of textbooks. Please note that when purchasing textbooks at the
campus store, you will be provided a used book (upon availability). If you choose
to drop/withdraw from a course after purchasing the textbook, you are required to
return the textbook to the campus store; no refunds will be provided. Textbooks can
be purchased the following ways:
- By personally visiting the Valencia campus bookstore associated with the Spring 2019 course(s) that you are registered for. Online courses are assigned to a specific campus. Please note that textbooks will not be dispatched to anyone besides you. You will be required to present your Valencia ID card and Student Detail Schedule when purchasing textbooks. The Valencia ID card can be obtained at any Valencia security office and the Student Detailed Schedule can be accessed through your Atlas account.
- By accessing the Campus Store webpage, creating an account and placing an online textbook order. Please note that you will need to reference your Student Detail Schedule to find and purchase your textbook(s). You can choose to pick up your online textbook order at a campus store at no extra charge or you can choose to have your online textbook order shipped to you (you will be responsible for all shipping fees).
- You will be allotted a total of $300 per semester for textbook purchases only. Academic tools and supplies (such as calculators, pens, notebooks, backpacks and other electronics) cannot be purchased using the $300. However, you can purchase them at your own cost. Fall 2019 textbooks can be purchased from August 12, 2019 to September 9, 2019; students who fail to purchase textbooks during this time frame will be held responsible for the full cost of textbooks. Please note that when purchasing textbooks at the campus store, you will be provided a used book (upon availability). If you choose to drop/withdraw from a course after purchasing the textbook, you are required to return the textbook to the campus store; no refunds will be provided. Textbooks can be purchased the following ways:
- You must maintain a minimum 3.0 high school CGPA and a minimum 2.0 Valencia College GPA per semester in order to continue participating in the DE program. Academic Probation (two "W"s/withdrawals OR two consecutive terms with a Valencia College GPA below 2.0) will result in dismissal from DE program.
- You are eligible to register for up to 4 courses/13 credit hours for Fall, 4 courses/13 credit hours for Spring and 2 courses/7 credit hours for Summer.
- A balance will remain on your account until the end of the term. You are not responsible for the tuition balance and it will not impact your registration status.
- You can book an appointment with a DE advisor to select Valencia courses that will meet your high school requirements.
Test Score RequirementsAll Dual Enrollment applicants are required to have college-ready test scores in all three sections (reading, writing and math) on file at Valencia College by the deadline for the desired term of enrollment. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.