Transcript Requirements

Your program of study goal and student type determines your transcript requirements.

Students enrolling at Valencia College to seek a degree or technical certificate are required to submit official transcripts from the last schools attended, whether secondary or post-secondary. These transcripts provide academic information and proof of graduation to our admissions department. This requirement includes prior dual enrollment, transfer and first time in college students, as well students returning to Valencia College after an absence of two years of more. 

Degree-Seeking Students

Official transcripts are required for all degree-seeking students.

Note: All admitted students who indicate on the Application for Admission, or as an update to their official records, that they intend to seek a degree at Valencia College (e.g. Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Science), will initially be entered as a non-degree seeking until the required final, official academic transcript(s) are received.

First Time in College

If you are a first time in college student, you must submit a final, official high school transcript that includes your final grades and graduation date or your official General Educational Development (GED) transcript/scores (sent directly from the state agency which administered the examination).

Transcripts from foreign (non-U.S.) high schools must be submitted in English or with an official English translation.

Prior Dual Enrollment

If you previously attended college as a Dual Enrolment student and now intend to pursue a degree at Valencia College, you must submit a final, official high school transcript that includes your final grades and graduation date.

College Transfer

If you are a college transfer student seeking a degree or technical certificate, you must submit all final, official academic transcripts from each college or university attended. If you are currently attending another college or university, have the official academic transcript sent at the end of the term once all grades for all classes are listed.

You may also be required to submit a final, official high school transcript if needed for verification of a prerequisite(s) or foreign language or financial aid.

If you attended any foreign (non-U.S.) institutions you must have your transcripts/credentials evaluated by an approved NACES evaluation company (click on Foreign Credential Evaluation Agencies). The University of Central Florida currently only accepts evaluations from World Education Services or  Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Company.

Readmit Student

If you have not attended classes in two or more years and reapplied for admission to Valencia College, you must submit a final, official high school transcript if not submitted at time of initial acceptance to Valencia and required. You must also submit a final, official transcript from each institution attended prior to initial acceptance or readmission to Valencia, if applicable.

Readmit students who were initially classified as Florida Residents for Tuition Purposes must re-request Florida Residency by completing the required steps.


Virtual Answer Center

Call Enrollment Services


Standard Hours

Monday – Thursday: 8am – 10pm ET
Friday: 9am – 10pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 9am – 5pm ET

Winter Break Hours

During the closure, you can call between 9am - 5pm for general assistance any day except Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

Thanksgiving Break Hours

Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm ET
Thursday: Closed
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm ET
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm ET
Sunday: 9 am – 5 pm ET


Non-Degree Seeking Students

Non-degree seeking students (personal interest, transient, teacher recertification, or job improvement) are not required to submit official academic transcripts unless needed for verification of course prerequisites. Official academic transcripts are not evaluated for non-degree seeking students.

Students Seeking a Technical Certificate

Technical Certificate seeking students must show proof of high school completion or the equivalent by submitting a final, official high school transcript that includes graduation date or official General Educational Development (GED) transcripts/scores. Technical Certificate seeking students may also be required to submit final, official college transcript(s) if needed for financial aid award and/or for transfer of credit needed for completion of a Valencia College certificate.