Transcript Evaluation

Transferring Credits

Official transcripts should be sent electronically by a third party through systems such as National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, Scribbles, and SPEEDE/FASTER transcript providers, mailed directly from institution to institution, or delivered in person in a sealed envelope.

Academic Credit

Credit may be earned for courses taken at regionally accredited colleges and universities in the United States as well as accredited foreign colleges and universities. Courses may be accepted from nationally accredited institutions if they participate in the Florida Statewide Course Numbering System (SCNS). Valencia College does not award credits for coursework taken on a non-credit basis.

College credit may be awarded for noncredit coursework through prior learning assessment when the curriculum has been reviewed by faculty and determined to be substantially the same as college credit coursework. Prior learning assessment procedures are developed to establish the noncredit-to-college credit equivalencies and are codified in documented procedures. Students can also earn college credit through industry licensure or certification.

On-the-job and corporate training can be applied toward a degree through articulation agreements or other evaluations.

Regardless of the number of credits transferred to Valencia, you must complete at Valencia at least 25% of the college-level credits required for the Valencia College degree.


Virtual Answer Center

Call Enrollment Services


Standard Hours

Monday – Thursday: 8am – 10pm ET
Friday: 9am – 10pm ET
Saturday and Sunday: 9am – 5pm ET

Winter Break Hours

During the closure, you can call between 9am - 5pm for general assistance any day except Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

Thanksgiving Break Hours

Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm ET
Thursday: Closed
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm ET
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm ET
Sunday: 9 am – 5 pm ET



Evaluation Timeline

College transcript evaluations are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis from the time transcripts are received. Completion time depends upon the volume of transcripts received.

Official academic transcripts are not evaluated for non-degree seeking students (personal interest, technical certificate, transient, teacher recertification, or job improvement).

International students

Alternative Ways to Earn Credit

Valencia College awards college credit for standardized examinations and through other alternative methods that document the required knowledge and competencies for one or more subject areas.

Valencia College will accept a maximum of 45 credits in any combination of alternative credit. You must earn 25% of your degree credit hours as institutional credits to be awarded a Valencia degree; this is 15 institutional credits for the A.A. and A.S. degrees, and 30 institutional credits for the B.A.S. and B.S. degrees.

Here is a complete list of the  Florida Department of Education Articulation Coordinating Committee approved Credit-By-Exam Equivalencies.

Submitting Test Scores for Credit

Official examination score reports must be sent directly from the testing agencies to the College in the same manner as transcripts are submitted. Awarded credit based on the College's approved course equivalents will appear on the student's permanent record and on the student's official College transcript as earned credit only.
There will be no indication of grades or quality points and duplicate credit is not awarded (State Rule 6A-10.024 (8). Students may earn college credit based on obtaining a specified minimum score on nationally standardized examinations.

Valencia College accepts electronic test scores from the providers listed below. Click on the link of the appropriate test to request your score report/transcript. If prompted, please designate Valencia College as the recipient of your scores and follow the instructions provided by the exam.

Petition for Credit

A transcript is evaluated using the incoming institution's Course Catalog to find the descriptions to issue direct equivalencies. Sometimes it is not possible to give a direct equivalent to a course offered at Valencia College. If you have transfer coursework that is evaluated as "not equivalent to a Valencia College course," you may appeal for reconsideration of equivalency through Valencia College's Non-Equivalent Coursework Flow procedures.

Students requesting a review on “not equivalent” coursework may be asked to provide appropriate material to support their cases, such as the course description or syllabus.

Non-Equivalent Course (Regionally Accredited Institution)

To appeal course work taken at a regionally accredited institution, complete the Non-Equivalent Course Work Form, which is available in Student Forms in your Atlas account. Valencia College recommends consulting your academic advisor prior to submitting the Non-Equivalent Coursework Form in the event a course substitution is available.

Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions Transfer Credit

Coursework taken at non-regionally accredited institutions generally is not accepted at Valencia College; however, you may appeal the acceptance of such credit through Valencia College's Award of Credit procedures. To do so, obtain the Request Form for Substitution of Credit from Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions, which is available in Student Forms in your Atlas account.

Course Substitution

Students may also choose to pursue a course substitution. A course substitution is a process by which a course completed by a student may be used to satisfy program requirements for graduation in place of a different course specified in the degree program towards graduation.


Military Experience

Valencia College awards credits for military courses and occupations completed by Active-Duty Service members and veterans that has been evaluated and recommend as suitable for post-secondary credit.

Each branch of service provides transcripts for current and former service members that include individual military education, training, and experience, which are recommended for college credit by American Council on Education (ACE).

Valencia College uses the minimum scores, credits, and guidelines for awarding credits for courses taken and occupations held by service members during their service in the military established by the State of Florida's Articulation Coordinating Committee (ACC).

You can request your official transcript via:

Foreign Language Requirement

One of the ways to satisfy the Foreign Language Proficiency Requirement is through completion of two credits (two years) of high school instruction in one language other than English with a passing grade each year as documented on your official high school transcript.

Note: Students do not receive college credits for foreign language taken in high school.