Project TITAN: Technology In The Amazon Network
As part of Valencia College's continuous mission to bring the best experience to Faculty, Staff & Students, OIT has undertaken a project to improve our digital architecture, including: updating the Atlas user experience by providing a mobile-responsive site, moving our high-priority Banner and Banner-related systems to a cloud environment, and cleaning up Banner code for efficiency & on-going support. The name of this project is TITAN (Technology in the Amazon Network).
TITAN Milestones and related dates include:
- Atlas Upgrade: COMPLETED 3/20/21
- Cloud Move - OIT internal testing: In Progress
- Cloud Move -End User testing: In Progress
- Cloud Move - Systems Downtime for Cutover: October 27 at 5:00pm - October 31
- Banner Back-to-Basics: Start date tbd
Atlas transitioned to our new layout on March 20, 2021.
Top three changes you will notice:
- New layout: Menu is moved from horizontal tabs at top to a vertical menu on the left
- Site is mobile responsive
- ADA compliant: Designed to be accessible
The prior version of Atlas was not mobile responsive, which did not facilitate ease of use on a cell phones and other small mobile devices. With the upgrade, Atlas has a new look and content layout. The portal is mobile responsive, improving navigation, display and user experience. Content collapses into a single column making it easier to read. The new site has larger font with a cleaner look.Learn More about the Atlas Upgrade
Banner Suite Cloud Move
Valencia College's Banner suite and the majority of related systems and integrations are moving from an onsite data center to an Amazon Web Services-hosted cloud environment. This move provides several key benefits to the College including:
- Enhanced information security
- Better student, faculty and staff experiences
- Reduced infrastructure support costs
- Improved capacity for high-volume usage
- Reliability and business continuity during uncontrollable events
Banner Back to Basics
Valencia College has been using Banner for more than 20 years. During this time work resulted in many modifications. The college has recognized the need understand our current state and improve end-to-end processes. This project will provide a plan to reduce or eliminate the need for modifications by leveraging Banners current feature and functionality, improving efficiencies for benefiting our students, faculty and staff.