Minimum Technology Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
- Most up to date version Google Chrome or Firefox
- Google Chrome and the Honorlock Chrome extension (required for online remote proctoring)
• A broadband internet connection, wired or wireless - Speed: 1.5 Mbps download, 750
• A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in (some Math courses require external webcams, which are USB plug-in, for live proctoring)
• Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- Adobe Reader is necessary for reading PDF files downloaded from your course. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download a free version here.
- A good text editor for preparing written work. There are many paid and free options but Office 365 is offered for free to students, faculty, and staff:
Your Valencia College provides free access to Microsoft Office 365 applications (like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and a place you can save and store files in Microsoft OneDrive (much like Dropbox or Google Drive).