The faculty fellows program was established in 2013. Faculty fellows for teaching/learning work with collegewide and campus-based colleagues to enhance teaching and learning. Faculty fellows:
- Create, implement and revise campus-based and collegewide faculty development opportunities that support all faculty members as they expand their professional practices and examine their ongoing development in the seven Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
- Create, implement and revise strategies to support strategic learning initiatives.
- Create, implement and revise campus-based opportunities to support the development of course and curricular experiences, in all modalities, to improve student learning.
- Develop and implement strategies to expand communities of practice for full-time and part-time faculty members to achieve excellence and innovation in teaching, learning and technology.
- Research, articulate and disseminate innovative best practices in faculty development, teaching, learning and technology in all instructional modalities.
- Increase faculty engagement in the campus Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation and in faculty and instructional development opportunities.
- Conduct individual and group consultations in select teaching, learning and/or technology topics.
- Pursue individual professional interests that result in scholarship, innovation and excellence in teaching, learning, assessment and/or technology.
While helping to serve the needs of campus faculty through their leadership, faculty fellows enjoy deep development and the opportunity to renew themselves professionally through scholarship and innovation in teaching, learning, assessment and technology.Past and Present Faculty Fellows
|Kristin Abel||Theater Tech EAC||Professor, Theater Tech||(407) 582-2403|
|Amy Comerford||Math WEC||Professor, Mathematics||(407) 582-1280|
|Rick Dexter||Biological Science OSC||Professor, Biology||(407) 582-4973|
|Anthony Dixon||Math EAC||Professor, Mathematics||(407) 582-2396|
|Diane Gomez||Nursing WEC||Professor, Nursing||(407) 582-1571|
|Deidre Holmes DuBois||Speech OSC||Professor, Speech||(407) 582-4891|
|Laura Magness||Psychology OSC||Professor, Psychology||(407) 582-4123|
|Nicole Marsh||Speech LNC||Professor, Speech||(407) 582-7005|
|Upasana Santra||Math WPK||Professor, Mathematics||(407) 582-6859|
|Liza Schellpfeffer||Speech EAC||Professor, Speech||(407) 582-2731|
|Sharon Shenton||Cardiopulmonary Sciences WEC||Professor, Cardiopulmonary Sci||(407) 582-5816|
|Karen Styles||Humanities EAC||Professor, Humanities||(407) 582--2232|
|Tina Tan||Speech WEC||Professor, Speech||(407) 582-5679|
|Daniel Turner||New Student Experience WEC||Faculty, New Student Exp||(407) 582-5674|
|LaVonda Walker-McKnight||New Student Experience LNC||Faculty, New Student Exp||(407) 582-7417|