We are an evolving community of practice for learning leaders.
We build the capacity of the college to improve student learning.
- We are dedicated to supporting growth in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator for all faculty members at all stages of their career.
- We base our practice on a reliable evidence base that is informed by theory.
- We collaborate in teams and across organizational divisions and campuses, appreciating the strengths of individuals.
- We are dedicated to the standards of scholarship.
- We value integrity in word and deed as we model good practices of communication and teaching.
- We value authenticity as evidenced by honest and direct communication.
- We are optimistic; we believe that all people can learn under the right conditions.
- We are accountable to our community through assessment reports and revisions of our programs.
- We seek to always be learners, to keep ourselves open to new ideas, skills, and solutions.
Faculty Development Primary Roles in Teaching and Learning
- Faculty Development - Supports all faculty members as they expand their professional practices and examine their ongoing development in the seven Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
- Instructional Development - Supports all faculty members as they develop course and curriculum experiences, in all modalities, to improve student learning.
- Continuous Improvement Processes - Engages teachers, scholars and practitioners in continuous improvement processes that result in student learning.
- Innovation - Serves as a catalyst for advancing best practices and innovation in teaching, learning and technology, supported by evidence.
Faculty Development Program Learning Outcomes
- Faculty members will critically evaluate their ongoing development needs in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
- Faculty members will complete an individualized development plan to improve their practices, in terms of student learning, and according to professional need.
- Faculty members will apply the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator to improve their practice.
- Faculty members will engage in continuous improvement processes with the goal of enhanced student learning.
- Faculty members will develop professional relationships throughout the division, campus, and college.
- Faculty members will contribute to an evolving community of peers focused on reflection, innovation, and enhanced student learning.