About Spring Arts Week
Our vision for Spring Arts Week is to create meaningful and inclusive arts experiences and programming at the college-wide level. We envision that students, faculty, and staff on all campuses will self-identify as part of the School of Arts & Entertainment (SAE) and annually work collaboratively creating an arts centric environment.
Spring Arts Week Goals
- To inspire student participation in the arts at Valencia College
- To educate both arts focused and non-arts focused students about creative training opportunities at Valencia College
- To celebrate and showcase the skills and artistry of Valencia students, alumni, and faculty
- To model, through interdisciplinary collaborations and featured hobbyists, how creative training can supplement a project or a life
- To foster a greater arts community and mutual respect across campuses (Create a sense of an arts community that spans beyond the East Campus)
- To introduce the Valencia community to diverse forms of creative expression, including the traditional, contemporary, and avant-garde
- To engage in the conversation, What constitutes art
- To facilitate a real-life festival submission process for Valencia artists, encouraging their participation in other Orlando and national art festivals throughout their career.
Application Deadline: Nov. 23, 2021
Faculty, Staff, are invited to submit an application to facilitate a workshop, open class, or performance. Registered Student Organizations (Student Clubs) are invited to host a workshop or share a performance.