Current Horizon Scholars
As a member of the Horizon Scholars Program:
I shall act with integrity, compassion, perseverance, and courage
I understand that we are stronger together, and I pledge to speak up when I or someone else needs help.
I pledge to challenge myself to excel academically in high school.
I pledge to respect my mentors and teachers and honor the time they give me.
I pledge to represent myself, my school, and my community with dignity.
I pledge to be an active participant in all aspects of the program and will complete all program requirements.
Horizon Scholars Requirements
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Meet with their mentor at least 15 times per year.
- Attend college and career readiness workshops each year.
- Commit to completing community service hours.
- Meet with their College Success Coordinator 4 times per year.
- Maintain an academic record that does not include excessive absences or behavioral issues.
Horizon Scholars Resources
- SAT Prep: Valencia Horizon Scholars - Take Stock in Children partnered with SoFlo Tutors to help 11th and 12th graders prepare for the SAT and improve their test scores. Click Here to read more about this tutoring experience and check your emails for future opportunities to participate!
Please check back for updated online student resources
College Readiness Summer Program
For more information about College Readiness Summer program, please contact your college success coordinator.