Become a Horizon Scholar - Take Stock Student
The Valencia Horizon Scholars – Take Stock in Children Program is a scholarship, mentorship,
and college readiness program designed to help Orange County students in grades 9-12
achieve their dreams and impact their community in their own positive way.
By participating in the Horizon Scholars - Take Stock in Children Program, students engage in comprehensive multi-year programming, including hands-on learning opportunities to help lay the foundation for their future, making higher education possible.
Deadline to apply is March 3, 2023!
- A two-year Florida Prepaid Scholarship to use at any public institution in the state of Florida. *Awarded upon successful program completion and graduation from a public high school in the state of Florida.
- A volunteer mentor from the community who they will meet with a minimum of 15 times per year.
- College and life-skills readiness workshops to support personal and professional growth.
- Support with community service hour completion.
- A College Success Coordinator from our team who meets with students a minimum of once per quarter.
- Academic support to maintain the required 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Accountability support to help ensure they maintain an academic record that does not include excessive absences or behavioral issues.
- Meet the income requirements as outlined below.
- Have at least a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Complete an application and if selected, participate in an interview (parent/guardian is expected to attend as well).
- Have a desire to attend college or a technical school after high school.
|Each additional family member add:||$8,732||$728||$168|
*Reminder: Total income before taxes, social security, health benefits, union dues, or other deductions must be reported.
Apply Online: The Horizon Scholars - Take Stock in Children Application is available online for current eligible 8th & 9th grade students in Orange County, Florida.
Deadline to Apply: March 3, 2023 - Applications should include the following:
- Student statement
- Parent statement
- Supplemental Application
- Family tax information with student listed
What to Expect After You Apply:
- Application will be reviewed and students will be invited to interview.
- Students will be informed of the program decision shortly after their interview.
- Selected students will participate in an induction ceremony or contract signing to officially join the Horizon Scholars - Take Stock in Children Program.
Horizon Scholars - Take Stock in Children
For more information about becoming a Horizon Scholar - Take Stock Student, please contact contact us at 407-582-3008, or email us at email@example.com.