Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Cardiovascular Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program at Valencia College prepares you to go directly into a specialized career as a cardiovascular technologist.
As a cardiovascular technologist, you would work side-by-side with cardiologists and physicians to diagnose and treat heart disease and vascular problems. You would also serve as an integral member of the cardiac catheterization laboratory team, whose primary role is to conduct tests on pulmonary or cardiovascular systems of patients and assist with electrocardiograms, heart catheterizations and similar tests. This Valencia College program provides students with the latest training available for this challenging and rewarding career.
Have questions, or want more information?
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor's
Build on your skills and increase your opportunities for career advancement after earning your A.S. in Cardiovascular Technology degree by continuing your education at Valencia College, and completing a bachelor's degree or an Advanced Technical Certificate. We encourage you to consult with a program advisor to determine the best education plan for your career goals.
Health Care Specialist
When you choose the Healthcare Specialist technical certificate as your secondary degree pathway, you will earn a workforce credential while completing prerequisite course credits, many of which are requirements for the selective admissions health career programs at Valencia College. Earning this certificate is an important first step in your career—your classes can help you become more valuable to our local health care employers.
Learn How To
- Assist in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disease and blood vessel ailments
- Assist cardiologists with cardiac catheterization and balloon angioplasty procedures
- Monitor blood pressure and heart rates of patients
- Work closely with physicians in caring for cardiac patients
Exciting career opportunities are available in diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization labs in acute care hospitals, outpatient facilities and privately-owned clinics.
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Cardiovascular Specialist
- Cardiovascular Technician
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$40,000 - $50,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95%, according to the latest FETPIP data.
Steps for Admission to Program
- Attend a Health Sciences Information Session. Please bring a copy of the program guide for your desired track with you. If you are not local and cannot attend the information session, review the program guide and read the frequently asked questions for the Health Sciences programs and degrees.
- Apply to Valencia College.
- Complete required general education courses before applying to the program.
- Once your transcripts have been received and evaluated, and if you meet eligibility requirements, you can apply to the program.
To learn more about this program, including application requirements, attend one of our information sessions. Please bring a copy of the program guide with you. If you are unable to attend, refer to the program guide and the resources available at Health Sciences.