The following completion checklistand criteria will be used to determine successful completion of the Educator Preparation Institute.
Admission to the Educator Preparation Institute is limited to eligible applicants only. All students must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and a valid statement of eligibility and/or a valid Temporary Certificate from the Florida Department of Education. To complete the EPI program, students must complete the following:
- A valid Statement of Eligibility and/or valid Temporary Certificate from the Florida Department of Education must be on file with the EPI office. If your statement of eligibility has expired, you will need to request an updated eligibility statement at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/steps.asp.
- Successful completion of all EPI coursework. Passing EPI grades must be posted on college transcripts. Grades are posted at the end of each term for Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- FTCE Exams must be taken and passed. A copy of all passing scores must be on file with the EPI office. To register for FTCE exams, please visit http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- Complete the Employment Verification of EPI Completers and sign the EPI Completer Waiver. Please submit a copy of both with completion documents.
- EPI Portfolio must be submitted to the EPI office and on file for successful completion. EPI Portfolio must be completed and approved. See Portfolio Handbooks.
- Complete the EPI Post Evaluation Survey. Please complete the online survey and print the last confirmation page of the survey, “your response has been recorded” and submit to the EPI office with your documentation.
- Complete the EPI FEAPs Post Assessment. Please submit a copy of your post-assessment to the EPI office with your documentation.
- If you have completed the Florida Online Reading Professional Development (FOR-PD) in lieu of EPI 010, a copy of your FOR-PD certificate must be on file with the EPI office.
- After the completion checklist is complete, the EPI director will review your portfolio, sign the CT 133, and send the paperwork to the state. The EPI program will mail a copy of the CT 133, an EPI completion letter, and EPI certificate to you for your records.
* After this process has been completed and if you already possess a Temporary Certificate, you may apply for your Professional Certificate and enjoy being an educator of our youth. If you have not been issued a Temporary Certificate, you will receive a letter stating you are eligible for a Professional Certificate. When you have been hired and passed the fingerprinting and background check, you will be issued your Professional Certificate. If you wish to request your Professional Certificate before being hired, you may do so, but you will have to be fingerprinted and have a background check as part of the process.