The following criteria will be used to determine successful completion of the Educator Preparation Institute.
To successfully finish the EPI program, students must submit or complete the following:
- A valid and current Statement of Eligibility and/or Temporary Certificate from the Florida Department of Education must be on file with the EPI office. If your Statement of Eligibility has expired, you will need to request an updated statement at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/steps.asp. Additionally, students at the end of the program AND employed as teachers in a public school may apply for the Professional Certificate when they are ready. Please note: EPI completers not employed yet or those working in a private school without a temporary teaching certificate should contact the EPI office for directions on obtaining the Professional Certificate.
- Verify successful completion of all EPI coursework. Passing EPI grades must be posted on college transcripts. Grades are posted at the end of each term for Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- All required FTCE Exams must be taken and passed or (GKT or PET) exemptions met, and a copy of all passing scores or exemption documents must be on file with the EPI office. To register for FTCE exams, please visit http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- The Employment Verification of EPI Completers form and the EPI Completer Waiver must be submitted with the EPI Application for Completion (see Step 7).
- The EPI Portfolio must be complete for EPI office review and approval.
- Take and submit the EPI Completer Survey NEW (for EPI students who started in or after Fall 2021) OR EPI Completer Survey (for students completing the program with EPI-0950). Please complete the correct version of the online survey and print or save the last confirmation page of the survey, “your response has been recorded” and save for electronic submission.
- Finalize the EPI Application for Completion found in Atlas, on the Student page, under Student Forms & Applications.
- After all criteria are met, the EPI manager will review your portfolio, sign the CT-133, and send the paperwork to the state. The EPI program will send a password protected copy of the CT-133 and confirmation of successful EPI completion via email to students' Atlas email accounts.