The following completion checklist and criteria will be used to determine successful completion of the Educator Preparation Institute. Please note that the EPI office is working remotely, so all documents should be submitted electronically via email to Ashley Dorsey or Ellen Costello.
To successfully finish the EPI program, students must complete the following:
- A valid and current Statement of Eligibility and/or Temporary Certificate from the Florida Department of Education must be on file with the EPI office. If your Statement of Eligibility has expired, you will need to request an updated tatement at http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/steps.asp. Additionally, students at the end of the end of the program may apply for the Professional Certificate when they are ready.
- Successful completion of all EPI coursework. Passing EPI grades must be posted on college transcripts. Grades are posted at the end of each term for Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- All required FTCE Exams must be taken and passed, and a copy of all passing scores must be on file with the EPI office. To register for FTCE exams, please visit http://www.fl.nesinc.com/
- Complete the Employment Verification of EPI Completers and sign the EPI Completer Waiver. Please submit a copy of both with completion documents.
- EPI Portfolio must be complete for EPI office review and approval for successful completion.
- Complete the EPI Post Evaluation Survey. Please complete the online survey and print or save the last confirmation page of the survey, “your response has been recorded” and submit to the EPI office with your documentation.
- Complete the EPI FEAPs Post Assessment. Please submit a copy of your post-assessment to the EPI office with your documentation.
- After the checklist is complete, the EPI manager will review your portfolio, sign the CT-133, and send the paperwork to the state. The EPI program will send a password protected copy of the CT-133 and confirmation of successful EPI completion via email to students' Atlas email accounts.