Requirements for Enrollment in EPI
In order to be considered for enrollment in the Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) program, an applicant must possess a bachelor's degree with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 from a regionally accredited institution and preferably have a passing score on the General Knowledge Exam. An applicant must also possess a Statement of Status of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) stating "You are Eligible for a Florida Educator's Certificate." The FL DOE application process takes approximately 60 days; please plan accordingly. An applicant cannot begin EPI coursework until a valid Statement of Eligibility has been submitted to our office. If the Statement of Eligibility expires while enrolled in the EPI program, the student will not be permitted to continue taking courses until it has been renewed and documentation provided to the EPI office.
- To obtain this statement, you must apply for Certification at http://www.fldoe.org/teaching/certification/
- This process includes a $75 processing fee for each subject area in which you intend to be certified.
If an applicant is NOT eligible per the FL DOE, the statement will list any necessary requirements that must be fulfilled in order to be found eligible, and an applicant will not be admitted to the EPI program.
Steps to Enrollment
- First, complete a Valencia Admission Application ($35 fee payment required) online. After notification of college admission, set-up your student Atlas account portal and supply proof of residency documents. An applicant does not need the application, residency information, and application fee when attending the Enrollment/Information session.
- Second, after college acceptance, apply to the EPI program using the EPI Admission Checklist (currently not available; under revision for fall 2021)
- Download, print, and complete the EPI Application (currently not available; under revision for fall 2021)
- Download, complete, and print the Brief Writing Statement (currently not available; under revision for fall 2021)
- Download, print, and complete the FEAPS Pre-Assessment (currently not available; under revision for fall 2021)
- Download, print, and complete the Education Plan (currently not available; under revision for fall 2021)
All required paperwork must be submitted to EPI office staff no later than the approximate deadlines below:
* Note: Summer ONLINE courses begin in early May and all required EPI paperwork must be submitted before online courses begin in the summer term. Once a course begins, you cannot register for the course. Summer INTENSIVE courses begin in early June. All required EPI paperwork must be submitted by May 15th, but a late registration fee ($50) will be applied. All EPI courses are limited to space available.
2. Please send your official, sealed transcripts to:
Valencia College - EPI
Admissions and Records Office
PO Box 3028
Orlando, Florida 32802-3028
Official, electronic transcripts should be sent from the degree-awarding institution to Transcripts@valenciacollege.edu
3. Attend a Mandatory Enrollment Session:
To register for a Zoom virtual group enrollment session visit the EPI main webpage or to request an individual enrollment session, contact Ellen Costello, 407-582-5473, or email email@example.com.
|MODE||DATE||START TIME||END TIME||TERM|
|Zoom||Wed., 5/19/21||5:30pm||7:00pm||Fall 2021|
|Zoom||Wed., 6/23/21||5:30pm||7:00pm||Fall 2021|
|Zoom||Wed., 7/21/21||5:30pm||7:00pm||Fall 2021|
Note: Dates and times are subject to change, please check the main EPI web page for updates.
4. After all required paperwork has been submitted, you will receive an email from
the EPI program regarding your admission status via Atlas email. Students are reminded
to include their VID in communication with the EPI office and use their Atlas student
email for security.
For additional information, please contact: