Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Business Administration Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program at Valencia College prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in business.
Is it a boom or bust? Why do some businesses succeed while others fail? What are the crucial skills needed to make a business profitable in today’s global economy? Answering these questions is the goal of any thriving company—and of the Business Administration students at Valencia College. In this program, you will learn the psychology behind making companies profitable and efficient, and develop the business skills needed to become a valuable asset within any company. Using input from hundreds of the country’s best employers regarding their changing job needs, Valencia College is constantly updating this program to include the latest business skills and acumen students need to succeed in the business world.
- Articulated A.S. to B.A./B.S Career Path
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Real Estate
- Small Business
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other program details in the official college catalog.
Valencia College certificate programs can put you on the fast track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
- Business Management (24 credits)
- Business Operations (18 credits)
- Business Specialist (12 credits)
- Customer Service Management (24 credits)
- Customer Service Operations (18 credits)
- Customer Service Specialist (12 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (12 credits)
- Human Resources Management (24 credits)
- Human Resources Operations (18 credits)
- Human Resources Specialist (12 credits)
- International Business Specialist (12 credits)
- Operations Support and Services (9 credits)
- Real Estate Specialist (12 credits)
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor’s.
More career options. Increased opportunities to advance in your field. A bachelor’s degree at 2/3 the cost of a Florida public university. The Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business and Organizational Leadership at Valencia College lets you build on your associate degree and prepare for a supervisory or management role in your field or the industry of your choice. Enroll with an associate degree or at least 60 credit hours. Contact a career program advisor to learn more.
Learn How To
- Manage microcomputer systems to carry out various related administrative and business activities.
- Manage various business operations.
- Plan, advertise and sell.
A degree in business offers a world of exciting career choices in all types of organizations. These may include wholesale and retail stores and services, financial agencies, banks and large businesses, government agencies and educational systems.
- Business Manager
- Finance Specialist
- Sales Agent
- Customer Service Specialist
- Human Resources Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Advertising Manager
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$28,000 - $36,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95%, according to the latest FETPIP data.
Job search strategies, employment readiness tips and more at four on-campus locations.Visit a Career Center
If you are a future student and would like more information about this degree program, please complete the form below.
If you are a current student, please log on to Atlas and contact your assigned Career Program Advisor.
For general enrollment questions, assistance is available through the Answer Center.