Cybersecurity and Network Engineering Technology
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Cybersecurity and Network Engineering Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program at Valencia College prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in computer networking.
With the number of cyber attacks on the rise and confidential information becoming increasingly vulnerable, the need for networking specialists and information security analysts continues to grow. Valencia’s Networking program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security—one of only 30 centers in the nation—to help meet this critical need. With Valencia’s program, you will be trained to design, administer, maintain and support local and wide area network systems. Graduates will be qualified for exciting technological roles in network design and installation, infrastructure, security and maintenance, incident response, inter-network communications, network monitoring and administration, and cybersecurity.
- Cloud Infrastructure Security
- Cyber Forensics
Industry Certifications Available:
- A+, Network+ and Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and (CCNA-Security)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (HFI)
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia’s certificate programs can put you on the fast track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
- Advanced Network Administration (29 credits)
- Advanced Network Infrastructure (28 credits)
- Cyber Security (30 credits)
- Digital Forensics (32 credits)
- Network Administration (24 credits)
- Network Infrastructure (21 credits)
- Network Support (21 credits)
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways - Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor’s.
More career options. Increased opportunities to advance in your field. A bachelor’s degree at 2/3 the cost of a Florida public university. The Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business and Organizational Leadership at Valencia College lets you build on your associate degree and prepare for a supervisory or management role in your field or the industry of your choice. Enroll with an associate degree or at least 60 credit hours. Contact a career program advisor to learn more.
Learn How To
- Deploy LAN, WAN and remote access services.
- Integrate voice over IP, wireless, mobile communications, virtualization and convergence technologies into the Network Enterprise Center.
- Manage data center facilities and supporting infrastructure operations.
- Harden information systems and network infrastructure against security breaches.
Career opportunities are available in virtually any company or business that has a computer network. One of the fastest-growing occupations in our region is for network and computer systems administrators. And, as cyber threats continue to grow, the demand for information security analysts will continue to increase as these analysts will be needed to come up with innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating havoc on computer networks.
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Network Security Specialist
- Systems Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$35,000 – $40,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95%, according to the latest FETPIP data.
Job search strategies, employment readiness tips and more at four on-campus locations.Visit a Career Center
If you are a future student and would like more information about this degree program, please complete the form below.
If you are a current student, please log on to Atlas and contact your assigned Career Program Advisor.
For general enrollment questions, assistance is available through the Answer Center.