Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in electronics.
In recent years, the number of high-tech companies in Central Florida has grown exponentially, and with that growth, so has the demand for qualified electronic engineers. That’s where our state-of-the-art Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology program comes in. Our innovative program transforms students into highly skilled technicians capable of assisting in the design, production, operation and servicing of electronics, lasers and photonics, robotics and mechatronics, and telecommunication and wireless systems.
- Laser and Photonics
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Career path to our B.S. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Valencia's certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
- Advanced Electronics Technician (31 credits)
- Basic Electronics Technician (14 credits)
- Laser and Photonics Technician (12 credits)
- Robotics and Mechatronics Technician (12 credits)
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways - Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor's.
Build on your skills and increase your opportunities for career advancement after earning your A.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology degree by continuing your education at Valencia College, and completing a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering. We encourage you to consult with a program advisor to determine the best education plan for your career goals.
Learn How To
- Build, test, modify or repair electrical and electronic equipment.
- Install and repair a wide variety of optical, electro-mechanical and telecommunications equipment.
- Work with experimental electronic or industrial production equipment or instruments, including photovoltaics.
Central Florida offers a myriad of challenging career choices in a variety of electronic areas including: manufacturing, utilities, business and computer services, telecommunications, home electronics repair, and medical equipment repair services. Competitive pressures will force companies to improve and update manufacturing facilities and product design, resulting in more jobs for engineering technicians in the future.
- Electronics Technician
- Systems or Field Technician
- Fiber Optics Specialist
- Laser Specialist
- Electronics Tester
- Telecommunication Technician or Specialist
- Instrumentation Technician
- Automation Control Technician
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$40,000 - $45,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95%, according to the latest FETPIP data.
Job search strategies, employment readiness tips and more at four on-campus locations.Visit a Career Center
If you are a future student and would like more information about this degree program, please complete the form below.
If you are a current student, please log on to Atlas and contact your assigned Career Program Advisor.
For general enrollment questions, assistance is available through the Answer Center.