Graphic and Interactive Design
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Graphic and Interactive Design Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in print design, advertising design, web design or interactive design.
As a graphics student, you’ll learn what it means to kern type, crop photos and “lose the widows.” From the creative process to interpersonal communication, our students receive hands-on experience and learn employable skills that prepare them to enter directly into a career. With a trusted reputation in the Orlando creative industry, we pride ourselves in educating some of the most talented designers in Central Florida. Our students have received recognition in local, regional, national and even international competitions. Their accomplishments include over 100 ADDY Awards, Florida Print Awards, the Create Awards, the ONE Show, Print Magazine and Siggraph.
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Design
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other program details in the official college catalog.
Valencia College certificate programs can put you on the fast-track to reaching your career goals. They are designed to equip you with a specialized skill set for immediate employment or career advancement. Most can be completed in one year or less.
- Graphic Design Production (24 credits)
- Graphic Design Support (15 credits)
- Graphics – Interactive Design Production (24 credits)
- Graphics – Interactive Design Support (15 credits)
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways - Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certification.
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor's.
Prepare for a supervisory or management role in your field with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business and Organizational Leadership. After completing your A.S. degree, build on your skills and expand your career opportunities by continuing your education at Valencia College and earning a bachelor’s degree. We encourage you to meet with a career program advisor to create your personalized education plan.
Learn How To
- Layout and create graphic elements for user interfaces (UI) and design web pages.
- Layout and create graphic elements for publications, advertisements, and other printed collateral.
- Create advertising campaigns; including branding, printed collateral, websites, social media, and user interfaces.
Combining the fundamentals of good design with proficiency in new computer and multimedia technologies, talented graphic designers are in more demand than ever. Our graduates have landed jobs in design studios, advertising agencies, marketing and public relations firms, printing and publishing companies, web design firms, interactive design companies and other highly creative environments. There are also many freelance opportunities.
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Brand Designer
- Advertising Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Interactive Designer
- Illustrator (digital and traditional)
- Front-end Web Developer
- Production Artist
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$28,000 – $40,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95% according to the latest FETPIP data.
Job search strategies, employment readiness tips and more at four on-campus locations.Visit a Career Center
If you are a future student and would like more information about this degree program, please complete the form below.
If you are a current student, please log on to Atlas and contact your assigned Career Program Advisor.
For general enrollment questions, assistance is available through the Answer Center.