Restaurant and Food Service Management
Associate in Science (A.S.)
The Restaurant and Food Service Management Associate in Science (A.S.) degree at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career within the restaurant industry.
The program includes training on the most up-to-date technology in the restaurant and food service industry as well as classroom instruction and on-the-job training from some of the area’s leaders in the restaurant field. You will also have the opportunity to start your successful career with a 405-hour internship, which enables you to develop skills in service techniques and management. With thousands of restaurants and eateries in the Orlando area alone, Valencia’s Restaurant and Food Service Management program is in a prime location to train for a rewarding career in this exciting industry.
Program Overview and Degree Requirements
Review course descriptions, important dates and deadlines and other programs details in the official college catalog.
Alternative Ways To Earn Credit
Did you know that you may already be eligible to receive college credit toward this program? Check out these opportunities:
- Career Pathways - Receive college credit for Career Pathways credits earned in high school.
- Industry Certifications – Receive college credit for approved Industry Certifications
- Technical College Programs – Receive college credit toward this program for completing an approved Orange Technical College or Osceola Technical College program.
You want to step up. We have a path to a bachelor’s.
More career options. Increased opportunities to advance in your field. A bachelor’s degree at 2/3 the cost of a Florida public university. The Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business and Organizational Leadership at Valencia College lets you build on your associate degree and prepare for a supervisory or management role in your field or the industry of your choice. Enroll with an associate degree or at least 60 credit hours. Contact a career program advisor to learn more.
Learn How To
- Estimate food needs, plan menus and purchase the proper amount of food and supplies needed
- Hire and train employees on effective service techniques and appropriate etiquette
- Manage catering jobs and banquets
- Manage and track food and labor costs and trend analysis
Students have the extraordinary advantage of starting exciting culinary careers in one of the most acclaimed tourist destinations in the world—with some of the best restaurants, dining establishments, theme parks and hotels in which to work.
- Restaurant Manager/Assistant Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Service Trainer
- Catering Services Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
AVERAGE SALARY RANGE
$24,000 – $30,000
The average placement rate for Valencia College A.S. degree and certificate programs ranges between 90 – 95%, according to the latest FETPIP data.
Job search strategies, employment readiness tips and more at four on-campus locations.Visit a Career Center
If you are a future student and would like more information about this degree program, please complete the form below.
If you are a current student, please log on to Atlas and contact your assigned Career Program Advisor.
For general enrollment questions, assistance is available through the Answer Center.