Frequently Asked Questions
- There is no fee to apply for graduation.
- All official graduation correspondence will be sent your Atlas email.
- Degrees will be mailed 8 weeks after the conferral date.
- If you require official college transcripts, please order via your Atlas portal.
- Valencia holds formal commencement ceremonies at the end of the Spring semester for summer, fall and spring graduates.
- Participation in commencement does not guarantee the awarding of a degree. Degree conferral relies solely on the satisfactory completion of all program requirements.
- Students who are in their last graduating semester in the spring term may participate in the commencement ceremony. Participants must have submitted a graduation application and opted to participate in the commencement ceremony by the graduation application deadline.
- Degrees are conferred at the end of each semester (fall, spring, summer).
If you submitted your graduation application, you may check the status of your graduation application through your Atlas account.
Log into Atlas > Students Tab > Path to Graduation > Graduation Application Status
What do I need to do to graduate?
Students must apply to graduate. The Graduation Application is available through your Atlas account and must be completed and submitted online.
Does the graduation application need to be submitted by a certain date?
Yes, there is a Graduation Application Deadline for each term and your application to graduate must be submitted through your Atlas account. Please see our Important Dates & Deadlines calendar for the Graduation Application Deadlines.
Will I receive any information about my graduation status and the commencement ceremony?
Yes. Acknowledgement of your graduation application will be e-mailed to your Atlas account. Students participating in the commencement ceremony will be sent a detailed letter informing them about ceremony related information.
When do I request my final official Valencia College transcript showing my date of
graduation and the degree I was awarded?
You may request official transcripts through your Atlas account at any time. However, make sure to indicate HOLD FOR DEGREE if you want your transcript to reflect your degree information.
If you have additional questions or concerns, e-mail the Records/Graduation department.
I received a regret letter stating my degree requirements were not met; now what?
The letter will indicate why you did not meet graduation requirements. You will need to meet with an academic advisor, counselor, or Career Program Advisor for additional assistance. Once you have met your graduation requirement(s) you will need to submit a new Graduation Application. Please see our Important Dates & Deadlines calendar for the Graduation Application deadlines.
Will I receive my diploma the day of the commencement?
No. Diplomas are mailed to students approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of the semester in which they graduate. At Commencement, students will receive a diploma cover with a message from the College until degrees have been certified. For most students, if your graduation date is in:
December: Your diploma should arrive by March
May: Your diploma should arrive in July
August: Your diploma should arrive in October
Diplomas are printed and mailed using the diploma name and address we have listed for you in Atlas. Be sure to update your information in Atlas. If you no longer have access to your Atlas account you may send a written letter which includes the information listed below. We will not change the name on your diploma without written authorization from you (including your original signature; therefore, faxed or e-mailed requests cannot be accepted).
Duplicate Diploma Request
You may order a replacement diploma by submitting a Duplicate Diploma Request form which must include the following:
- Your name
- Your Valencia Identification Number (VID) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Date of Graduation (Month and Year)
- Address to which replacement diploma should be mailed
- Your signature
- A check or money order in the amount of $15.00 payable to Valencia College for the Duplicate Diploma Request Fee.
Send the Duplicate Diploma Request form to:
1800 South Kirkman Road
Orlando, FL 32811