Authorization for Travel

Persons authorized to travel:

  • Any employee of Valencia College
  • Students of Valencia College
  • Consultants or Advisors
  • Members of the District Board of Trustees
  • Others authorized by the District Board of Trustees, the President, or a Designee

You must submit an  Authorization for Travel or Absence from Campus form at least 5 days prior to the anticipated travel date. This form is used whenever you are traveling for Valencia College and are requesting expenses to be prepaid or reimbursed. You also use this form when travel is being funded by another source. This form must be approved by the appropriate dean, provost, vice president, or designee before travel has commenced.

NOTE: A travel Authorization is needed if an employee is performing job-related duties out of the office. If the employee is requesting any type of Per Diem or reimbursement, then the employee must submit an Authorization for Travel form to Accounts Payable. If the employee is NOT requesting any reimbursements, then the Authorization for Travel is only required on a departmental level and Accounts Payable DOES NOT require a copy. However, an Authorization for Travel and Per Diem must ALWAYS be submitted to the Grants Department for Grant Funded Programs and Endowed Chair Restricted Funds per the Grant Guidelines, regardless of the amount.