In District Travel

When traveling out of district for short day trips, and not away from the official headquarters overnight, this is considered "class C" travel. No meal allowance is allowed for that day. Only mileage, parking and tolls are reimbursable.

When traveling "in district" ( Orange and Osceola Counties), lodging and meals are not reimbursable. The  Mileage Reimbursement Form should be maintained and submitted on a monthly basis. Travel on this form should only include mileage that is within Orange and Osceola Counties, tolls and parking.

The college does not reimburse employees for commuting mileage from/to home to their official headquarters. However, when an employee travels to a location other than their official headquarters, they will be reimbursed any additional mileage that is incurred above the normal commute from home to work.

Use the  Excess Mileage Worksheet to calculate the additional mileage or view the  In District Mileage Chart for toll and mileage rates for common routes.

The immediate supervisor of the employee shall approve the in district mileage request before it is sent to Accounts Payable. The employee's home address must be included on the form when travel includes to or from "home."Also, a map printout (such as MapQuest) for locations not listed on the In-District Mileage Chart should be attached to the  Mileage Reimbursement Form.

NOTE: The State's current mileage reimbursement rate is 44.5 cents per mile.