Engineering and Technology
Whether you are building houses, websites, mobile apps, laser systems or computer networks, you will need the analytical skills and technological expertise to do the job. Valencia College has a wide variety of programs that will teach you to solve problems using science and technology as your tools. And with high-tech equipment, internships and advanced laboratories, getting your degree or certificate will be a hands-on adventure.
For general enrollment questions, assistance is available through our virtual Answer Center or by contacting Enrollment Services.
Programs & Degrees
Associate in Arts
An A.A. degree takes about two years to complete and will prepare you to transfer to a Florida public university as a junior. With an A.A. Degree Pathway, you can meet most upper division prerequisites for a specific major. Some Degree Pathways are based upon articulation agreements with specific universities. They are designed for students to transfer to a particular public or private university as a junior to complete a four-year bachelor’s degree in a specific major. For more information, visit Articulation Agreements for Degree Pathways.
Associate in Science
Jump right into the job market with an A.S. degree from Valencia College. You can gain the marketable skills needed for an exciting career and a well-paying job in a little over two years if you are enrolled full time. Or you can build on your skills and transfer into an eligible bachelor’s degree offered at Valencia College or another Florida state college.
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Programming and Analysis
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology
- Cybersecurity and Network Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology
- Energy Management and Controls Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Science, Technology , Engineering and Math (STEM)
Bachelor of Science
Continue your education beyond the associate level with a bachelor’s degree. The B.S. or B.A.S degree will build on your skills and prepare you to enter an advanced position within a specialized career field. The upper-division courses build on an associate degree and take about two years to complete.
Get on the fast track to career success with a technical certificate. Technical certificates are designed to prepare you for entry-level employment or to upgrade your skills for job advancement, and most can be completed in one year or less. You can also use your credits earned toward the completion of a related A.S. degree.
- Advanced Electronics Technician
- Basic Electronics Technician
- Cloud Computing Architecture
- Computer Information Data Specialist
- Construction Specialist
- Computer Information Technology Analyst
- Computer Information Technology Specialist
- Computer Programming
- Computer Programming Specialist
- Cyber Security
- Digital Forensics
- Advanced Computer Aided Design
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Field Survey Technician
- Laser and Photonics Technician
- Lean Manufacturing
- Linux Enterprise Server Administration
- Network Administration
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Support
- Rapid Prototyping Specialist - 3-D Printing
- Robotics Applications Technician
- Technology Support Specialist
Continuing Education provides non-degree, non-credit programs including industry-focused training, professional development, language courses, certifications and custom course development for organizations. Day, evening, weekend, online and distance learning courses are available.
Job search strategies, employment readiness tips and more at four on-campus locations.Visit a Career Center