Housing and Residence Life

UnionWest Student Living at Creative Village at the Downtown Campus allows you to live where you learn and create an ideal environment for students. A 15-story building with restaurants and retail stores on the ground floor, student services, classrooms and amenities on floors 1–5, and student residences on floors 6–15.

Living on campus means you can:

  • Get involved in campus activities and events
  • Interact with a diverse group of students
  • Reside in a modern, upscale unit
  • Share suites with UCF and Valencia College students

UnionWest offers:

  • All-inclusive rent that covers utilities, internet and a fully furnished unit
  • Private or shared bedrooms and bathrooms
  • Resident-only club room with individual and group study areas, gaming center and lounge
  • Skydeck with patio, games and lounging overlooking downtown Orlando and Luminary Green Park
  • Recreation and Wellness Center for all downtown students with any fitness goals
  • Weekly resident events for all residents


International Students

If you're attending Valencia College Downtown Campus, we have a dedicated team to help you with your move to the U.S.

Dining Options

A variety of food options are available on the first floor of UnionWest. You can grab a bite from on-campus retailers or nearby restaurants. There is also a shuttle to the nearby Publix grocery store. A full list of dining options are available on the UnionWest Student Living website.

Dining Options

Subway Dining Option

Housing, Floor Plans, and Rent

For more information about UnionWest Student Living including floor plans, residential amenities, pricing, room types and more,  please visit UnionWest Student Living. 

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the name of the student housing facility downtown?
The official name of the downtown student housing facility is called UnionWest Student Living.

Who manages UnionWest?
UnionWest Student Living is managed by Campus Advantage. For more information, visit UnionWest Student Living.

How do I apply for student housing?

Valencia College admitted students can visit UnionWest Student Living to apply.

Is there a deposit required?
There is a $50 application fee and a $150 administration fee to complete the housing application. 

Who can live in housing downtown?

Valencia College students may take classes on any campus including Downtown and live in UnionWest.

Are there accommodations for students with disabilities?
Yes, students can identify their needs on the housing application and a staff member can work with them regarding the appropriate accommodations and availability.

Is there a dining hall in the housing complex?
No, there is not a dining hall in the housing complex. However, there is a large community kitchen available in the common area on every residential floor of the building and some rooms may also have kitchenettes. Every resident is also provided with a personal mini fridge in their rooms and may bring certain cooking appliances like a microwave. Restaurants like Subway, Dunkin’ Donuts, Vera Asian, and The Monroe are also located in or near UnionWest.

Can I use financial aid to pay for my housing?
Students who apply for and receive financial aid may receive a refund if their financial aid for a term exceeds their direct costs (tuition and fees). The refund may be used to pay for any educational related costs, including housing. Excess funds after paying charges on the student bill will be refunded to students directly. You can work with the UnionWest Student Living team to use financial aid to pay for housing.

Can students work at the Downtown campus as a housing Community Assistant (CA)? What is the process to become a CA?
Valencia students are eligible to apply to become a housing Community Assistant at the Downtown Campus. Contact UnionWest  or visit Campus Advantage Careers for more information.