The Student Services office provides developmental advising which includes life, career, and educational planning. We also help with interpretation of assessments, strategies to address academic and personal challenges, programs to encourage student success skills, assistance with understanding academic policies, preparation for university transfer, and financial aid assistance.
Check out these resources to help you with questions you may have throughout your Valencia College journey – from advising to getting involved around campus, we've got you covered.
You can get the academic assistance you need, no matter your learning style.
- Testing and Accessibility Services
- Service Learning
- Supplemental Learning
- Tutoring Center
- Writing Center
Take advantage of the many learning support services available to you around each campus. Learning Centers provide a range of resources to help you succeed—from writing consultations to skillshops to computer labs.College Wide Learning Support
UCF and Valencia College students will pay a fee for parking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I submit required documents to Valencia College Downtown?
Beginning August 2019, documents may be submitted on the first floor of UnionWest at Creative Village. Staff there will be able to answer general admission questions, financial aid questions, enrollment processes, etc. This will be similar to the Answer Centers at other Valencia College campuses.
Will I be able to submit payments at the campus downtown?
Payments will be online through the Atlas and myUCF portals. You may use the computers available on the first floor of UnionWest to access your portal.
Will there be a library on campus?
Yes, there will be a library on campus.
What offices will be on campus?
- Advising – Types of advising offered downtown include: general A.A. advising, program advisors for specific Valencia College majors and advisors for UCF majors located downtown.
- First Stop – Advisors in the First Stop (also known as the Answer Center) will be able to answer many of your questions related to admissions, financial aid and advising.
- Assessment Center – There will be an Assessment Center located at the campus downtown available to students.
- Atlas Lab – We will have a help station set up on the first floor of UnionWest. There will be student leaders available to help students using laptops.
- Career Center – No; however there will be career development and internships activities offered downtown. Advisors will help assist with general career development needs.
- DirectConnect™ to UCF – The connect center offers first-class student support and success coaching for students as part of the DirectConnect™ to UCF program.
- Financial Aid – Staff at the campus downtown will be available to help answer financial aid questions and receive documents; however, there will not be a separate financial aid office.
- International Student Services (ISS) – ISS advisors will provide information and support to prospective and current Valencia College students.
- New Student Orientation – There will be on-campus orientations downtown for Valencia College and UCF students. New Student Orientations at the campus downtown are expected to begin June 2019.
- Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) – Services will be available.
- Security Office – Student IDs will be available through the card services office at the Downtown Campus.
- Student Development – There will be a dedicated student development area for downtown students.
- Testing Center – There will be a testing center that will be accessible to students at the Downtown Campus.
Where can I go to get help?
Start at the First Stop (Answer Center). Advisors will be able to answer many of your questions related to admissions, financial aid and advising.
Where do I get my student ID?
ID cards will be issued at the UCF Card Services Center at the Downtown Campus for both UCF and Valencia College students.
Is CARE available for downtown students?
A counseling center staffed by UCF mental health counselors will be available to all students; however, there may be a fee for Valencia College students who use it. UCF has a CARE program—separate from their counseling center—that is specifically for students in need.
What wellness services are available?
Downtown Campus offers primary healthcare services, a fitness and recreation center and more. For more information on health and wellness, visit UCF Well-being.
Are there on-campus job opportunities for students?
There will be positions on campus through the Valencia College LIVE (Leadership equals Integrity, Values and Experience) team. Through these opportunities, you’ll enhance personal and professional skills, including communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills. Find more information about Student Development Employment.
Is there a bookstore on campus?
Yes. Barnes and Noble will be the campus store, temporarily located at the Center for Emerging Media (CEM). Permanent location will be 323 N Parramore Ave.
How and where should I buy books and supplies?
You will be able to buy books, supplies and other items for downtown courses at Barnes and Noble. If you are attending classes at other Valencia College campuses, please go to the other campus store to purchase books.
Can I order my books online?
Visit the campus store website valenciabookstores.com. Some restrictions apply, ie. – Dual Enrollment students cannot order online.
What is required to purchase class materials?
Bring your class schedule and student identification when purchasing your class materials. The campus store staff is highly trained, knowledgeable and ready to support you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Can I place an order online for the campus store?
Yes, the Valencia College campus store will offer online ordering with the ability for you to pick up on campus or ship the items directly to your residence.
When does book buyback take place each semester?
Buyback occurs on specific dates, at each campus, during final exams week and the first week of classes every semester. Textbooks can be sold back to any campus location, regardless of where you purchased them. For current buyback dates and times, please visit the calendar.