The Campus Store is your official place for all of your academic needs—from course books and other materials to supplies, backpacks, technology and college apparel, we’ve got everything you need to succeed throughout the school year. We look forward to meeting you and helping with anything you may need. Stop by or visit the Downtown Campus Virtual Bookstore.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is required to purchase class materials?
Bring a copy of your schedule and student identification to purchase class materials. Our staff is highly trained, knowledgeable and ready to support you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Can I order my books online?
Yes, you can order books online at ucf-vc.bncollege.com. Please note that some restrictions apply—for example, dual enrollment students will not be able to order online.
Where is the Campus Store located?
The Campus Store will be operated by Barnes & Noble and is currently under construction with an estimated opening date of October 2019. The temporary address will be 500 W Livingston St, Orlando, FL 32801. In the meantime, you will still be able to get all your course materials delivered to the campus or your doorstep by visiting ucf-vc.bncollege.com. .
For fall semester, where can I pick up my online order?
To be determined. Center of Emerging Media.
What can I use student financial aid on?
Student financial aid can be used to purchase all of your course materials and many other necessary items to ensure your success on campus. Ask one of our customer sales associates for more information or if you have any questions.
How can I use my student financial aid?
If you would like to use federal financial aid, you must submit authorization via Atlas prior to visiting the Campus Store.
- To access the authorization portal, log into Atlas
- Click the "Students" tab
- Click "Financial Aid" under "Student Resources"
- Click "Federal Student Aid Payment Authorization"
Once submitted, you’ll need to wait for the next financial update between Atlas and the Campus Store. Scheduled updates are conducted every day at 6 a.m., 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.. To avoid delays, please also bring a copy of your financial aid balance indicating that funds have been authorized.
Can I get my Valencia College Downtown Campus books at other Valencia College Campus
While some of your materials may be used on other campuses, all your required course materials for the downtown campus will be available at the Campus Store and Downtown Campus Virtual Bookstore.
How do I know which books I need?
To find out which titles you need this semester, you can enter your course information into the “find textbooks” option on our website. You can also stop by or contact our store directly and we will be happy to help.
What is the difference between a required textbook and a recommended textbook?
Required course material is an essential element for your success in the course.
Recommended course material is something your professor has marked as a supplemental tool for your success in the course.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit and debit cards (American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa)
- Barnes & Noble gift cards
- Student financial aid: In-store and online (See store for more information and restrictions)
- PayPal (Online only)
- Visa checkout (Online only)
What are the shipping costs?
There are four options for receiving your order—select the one that's right for you.
- In-store pick-up (no charge)*
- Standard UPS Ground Shipping (7 to 10 days) - $7.50
- Second Business Day Shipping - $11.95
- Next Business Day Shipping - $16.95
Additional shipping charges may apply to large or bulky items, which will be noted in the product description. Please note: Orders placed after 2 p.m. will be shipped the following business day.
*In-store pick-up is not available at all locations Note: For international and all other orders, please contact your Campus Store.
What is the return policy for Barnes & Noble?
- A full refund will be given in your original form of payment if textbooks are returned during the first week of classes with the original receipt.
- With proof of a schedule change and your original receipt, a full refund will be given in your original form of payment during the first 30 days of classes.
- No refunds on unwrapped loose-leaf books or shrink-wrapped titles which do not have the wrapping intact.
- No refunds on digital content once you’ve accessed the material.
- Textbooks must be in original condition.
- No refunds or exchanges without your original receipt.
All Other Merchandise
- A full refund will be given in your original form of payment with the original receipt.
- Without a receipt, a store credit will be issued at the current selling price.
- Cash back on merchandise credits or gift cards will not exceed $1.
- No refunds on gift cards, prepaid cards, phone cards, newspapers or magazines.
- Merchandise must be in original condition.
Fair Pricing Policy
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers comply with local weights and measures requirements. If the price on your receipt is above the advertised or posted price, please alert a bookseller and we will gladly refund the difference.
Can I rent a book from Barnes & Noble, and when is it due back?
You may enter into a rental contract directly with Barnes & Noble. You’ll need to return your rentals on or before the last day of finals for that semester.
Is there book buyback?
Yes. We buyback books every day year-round. You must provide a valid student ID to participate in buyback. Buyback is limited to one copy of a title per customer. Please check with the Campus Store for more details.
What will the Campus Store offer?
The Campus Store offers course materials, technology, school supplies, school memorabilia and café options. You can purchase these items in-store and at the Downtown Campus Virtual Bookstore.
How and where should I buy books and supplies?
You will be able to buy books, supplies and other items for downtown courses at Barnes & Noble. If you are attending classes at other Valencia College campuses, please go to the other campus store to purchase books.