In order to request accommodations from the College, the student must complete the following steps in the Office for Students with Disabilities registration process:
- Meet with the OSD advisor, by appointment or by walk in, to discuss your situation. In most cases it is recommended that you send documentation ahead of time so we can review it. Be sure to explain to your advisor how your disability impacts you and what accommodations you are requesting.
- Provide appropriate documentation of the disability for which accommodations are being
requested. Use the steps below to submit documentation to the Office for Students
- Log into ATLAS account (link to ATLAS login)
- Go to the “Students” tab
- Go to the “Student Resources” area (lower left side of screen)
- Expand the “Academic Resources” section
- Click on the “Office for Students with Disabilities Document Upload Form” (5th option on the list)
- Complete the form
- Form will import your Name, VID, ATLAS email address.
- You will need to add your phone number
- You will need to select region
- Select the region you will attend when you return to on-campus courses.
- You can add up to 4 separate documents
- Each document must be under 25 MB
- You can upload different types of files (i.e. .pdf, .docx, .jpeg, etc.)
- If you do not have access to a scanner, you can take photos with your cell phones and upload the photos. Photos must be clear enough to read information.
- Once documentation is submitted, you will receive an email receipt confirming your submission.
- Please allow up to two weeks for your documentation to be reviewed
- A representative from the Office for Students with Disabilities will contact you about the next step in the process.
- Meet with a representative for an intake meeting (if documentation is approved)
Until all steps of the registration process have been completed, the student will be considered pending with OSD and will not be eligible for services or accommodations. Incomplete files will be kept for one term and then destroyed. The student may, however, begin the process again at any time.
If you have questions or concerns about the registration process, please contact your closest OSD office below:
- East / Winter Park: 407-582-2229 or email@example.com
- West Campus/ Downtown: 407-582-1523 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Osceola/ Lake Nona/ Poinciana: 407-582-4167 or email@example.com