Welcome to the Communications Center!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Valencia College campuses are currently physically closed to students, staff and faculty. However, the college remains open to assist students virtually. Scroll to the "Online Tutoring" section at the bottom of this page for more information.
The East campus Communications Center is a student-centered learning support environment and is dedicated to helping Valencia students develop the necessary skills to achieve academic excellence. In order to guide students to success, we are committed to the following goals:
- Help students become better writers
- Be a source for learning rather than a “fix it” center
- Help students become independent learners
- Build rapport with faculty
We are professionals in all that we do, adhering to established guidelines so that we may satisfy the goals of the College, the expectations of our faculty, and the best learning interests of our students.
Click here to watch a video on what a visit to the Communications Center is like.
Ensure you are ready for college-level classes by taking the English Academic Refreshers, an online series of workshops that cover the fundamental skills needed for success.
- Click here for instructions on how to register for English Academic Refreshers.
- Click here for a list of English Academic Refresher Exercises.
- Online Tutoring
- All writing tutoring is currently done online - watch our welcome video to learn more!
- To access live writing assistance, please access our Distance Tutoring LibGuide at this link: Writing Online Tutoring
- For feedback on your essay in an asynchronous format, you have the option to submit
your essay here: Submit My Writing Assignment.
- Once logged in using your Atlas username and password, please use the Submit My Writing option. You will receive feedback within three (3) business days.
- Zoom - Valencia is using Zoom for all online tutoring.
- Hours and Tutor Schedules