Welcome to the Communications Center!
The East campus Communications Center is a student-centered learning support environment and is dedicated to helping Valencia students develop the necessary skills to achieve academic excellence. In order to guide students to success, we are committed to the following goals:
- Help students become better writers
- Be a source for learning rather than a “fix it” center
- Help students become independent learners
- Build rapport with faculty
We are professionals in all that we do, adhering to established guidelines so that we may satisfy the goals of the College, the expectations of our faculty, and the best learning interests of our students.
Click here to watch a video on what a visit to the Communications Center is like.
Ensure you are ready for college-level classes by taking the English Academic Refreshers, an online series of workshops that cover the fundamental skills needed for success.
- Click here for instructions on how to register for English Academic Refreshers.
- Click here for a list of English Academic Refresher Exercises.
Can't make it to campus? No worries! You can access live writing assistance or submit a paper for feedback from a Valencia tutor. Check out our welcome video to learn more, or get started with live tutoring at this link: Online Writing Assistance.
Contact & Live Tutoring Hours
Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm*
Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 7pm*
*Note: Availability varies by course and subject.