COVID-19 - IMPORTANT UPDATES & CHANGES
With the majority of employees working from home through at least Monday, April, 27, 2020, the budget, procurement and accounts payable teams have been reviewing existing business practices to ensure they are aligned with a remote work environment. Our goal is to allow for flexibility while ensuring adherence to Valencia’s policies and procedures.
As Valencia makes the transition to online learning and working remotely, we have made important changes to our existing processes, including the development of a Remote Access Plan that clarifies our processes and provides solutions to existing practices that are not feasible in a remote fashion. Listed below are key adjustments that have been made to our processes in an effort to provide flexibility and ensure that our vendors are being paid in a timely manner. We are also including some important reminders of important deadlines.
- Purchasing Cards (PCard) limits have been increased for all cardholders. The single transaction limit is now $2,000 and the monthly limit is $10,000.
- When purchasing items or making payments on invoices less than $2,000, instead of requesting a Purchase Order, we encourage the use of the PCard.
- If you need to enter a requisition but don’t have access to Banner, you can now use the Self Service option located in Atlas on the Budget tab. Self Service is web based and only requires an internet connection. Instructions on how to use Self Service.
- When making COVID-19 related expenses, please use Activity Code CV19 on Requisition or include it in the description section of the PCard reconciliation.
- We are temporarily authorizing the use of residential addresses when needing to order essential items to support you in this new work environment. Only items paid for with PCard have this capability. Purchase Orders must continue to be shipped to a Valencia campus. All transactions shipped to a residential address will require written supervisor approval and justification to be attached to the PCard reconciliation.
- To avoid delays in processing invoices, the Accounts Payables and Budget and Procurement teams will work together to address discrepancies in order to minimize the number of Change Order Request forms requested..
- Electronic approval and digital Signatures will be accepted on all forms, invoices and contracts. All forms are now fillable PDFs.
- Employees are encouraged to submit invoices immediately following receipt of items to email@example.com using a digital invoice approval stamp.
- Travel forms should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure that you receive travel reimbursement in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Reminder that Tuesday, March 31st is the deadline for furniture quote request. All request must be submitted to Suzanne Crescioni, Interior Design Space Planner. Orders submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
Please visit the website regularly as we will continue to update the page as needed to our College community. If you need to reach our teams, please know that we are fully operational and can be reached at the following department emails.
- REMOTE ACCESS PLAN
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ELECTRONIC PAYMENT STAMP (Word)
- FUND USE GUIDELINE
- ATLAS SELF SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
- BANNER OPEN ENCUMBRANCE REPORT
Thank you for visiting our website. Our website includes various resources and information to meet all your procurement needs. The Procurement team is committed to providing professional support to our college community. We are committed to determine our success by our ability to:
- Support operational requirements.
- Be a team that is valued by our college community for its professionalism, expertise, and ability to provide guidance and training throughout the procurement process.
- Encourage supplier diversity.
- Assure compliance to policy and laws applicable to our acquisition process.
- Contribute to the achievement of Valencia's mission.
- Engage in collaborative strategic sourcing that maximizes savings.
We are excited to introduce two new tools to assist you in your procurement decisions.
Do you require assistance in finding Suppliers that sell a specific commodity? Need to validate pricing or search for best available price? Valencia Procurement introduces GovSpend; a powerful search engine that allows us to filter through a database of government spending history consistent over hundreds of millions of purchase orders. Find transactions based on product descriptions, product numbers, amounts, contacts, agency or vendor names, and more. Submit a GovSpend Search Request.
Need help finding vendors to provide quotes? Want to find the best available price? Create a request in 60 seconds or less. Simply enter your product or service requirements, choose the matching industry categories, and publish your request for quote (RFQ) to 9000+ qualified vendors ready to provide competitive prices. Email and in-app notifications let you know as soon as you receive a quote. Request and account today!