COVID-19 - IMPORTANT UPDATES & CHANGES
Phase 4 Operations begin Sunday, August 1, 2021. As part of Phase 4 implementation, but in recognition that a portion of our employees remain remote, our Remote Access Plan has been updated to return to pre-pandemic practices while maintaining flexibility. The budget, procurement and accounts payable team continue to review existing business practices to ensure they are aligned with Phase 4 Operations. Our goal is to allow for flexibility while ensuring adherence to Valencia’s policies and procedures.
Phase 4 Operations Highlights:
- All PCard limits have been set back to the original $1,000 single limit and $5,000 monthly. Normal purchasing guidelines have been returned and any purchase over $1,000 will need to go through requisition, unless justified.
- When purchasing items or making payments on invoices less than $1,000, instead of requesting a Purchase Order, we encourage the use of the PCard.
- If you need to enter a requisition but don’t have access to Banner, you can now use the Self Service option located in Atlas on the Budget tab. Self Service is web based and only requires an internet connection. Instructions on how to use Self Service.
- We continue authorizing the use of residential addresses when needing to order essential items to support employees working remotely. Only items paid for with PCard have this capability. Purchase Orders must continue to be shipped to a Valencia campus. All transactions shipped to a residential address will require written supervisor approval and justification to be attached to the PCard reconciliation.
- Electronic approval and digital Signatures will be accepted on all forms, invoices and contracts. All forms are now fillable PDFs.
- Employees are encouraged to submit invoices immediately following receipt of items to email@example.com using a digital invoice approval stamp.
- Travel forms should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure that you receive travel reimbursement in a prompt and efficient manner.
Please visit the website regularly as we will continue to update the page as needed to our College community. If you need to reach our teams, please know that we are fully operational and can be reached at the following department emails.
- REMOTE ACCESS PLAN-PHASE 4
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ELECTRONIC PAYMENT STAMP (Word)
- FUND USE GUIDELINE
- ATLAS SELF SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
- BANNER OPEN ENCUMBRANCE REPORT
Thank you for visiting our website. Our website includes various resources and information to meet all your procurement needs. The Procurement team is committed to providing professional support to our college community. We are committed to determine our success by our ability to:
- Support operational requirements.
- Be a team that is valued by our college community for its professionalism, expertise, and ability to provide guidance and training throughout the procurement process.
- Encourage supplier diversity.
- Assure compliance to policy and laws applicable to our acquisition process.
- Contribute to the achievement of Valencia's mission.
- Engage in collaborative strategic sourcing that maximizes savings.
We are excited to introduce two new tools to assist you in your procurement decisions.
Do you require assistance in finding Suppliers that sell a specific commodity? Need to validate pricing or search for best available price? Valencia Procurement introduces GovSpend; a powerful search engine that allows us to filter through a database of government spending history consistent over hundreds of millions of purchase orders. Find transactions based on product descriptions, product numbers, amounts, contacts, agency or vendor names, and more. Submit a GovSpend Search Request.
Need help finding vendors to provide quotes? Want to find the best available price? Create a request in 60 seconds or less. Simply enter your product or service requirements, choose the matching industry categories, and publish your request for quote (RFQ) to 9000+ qualified vendors ready to provide competitive prices. Email and in-app notifications let you know as soon as you receive a quote. Request and account today!