Rental Car Program
Business Contract Number (not to be used for personal reservations. See contract number below for leisure)
Rental Car Services – State of Florida Contract Number: 78111808-20-1. Contract Term: September 30, 2020 to September 30, 2025.
- Avis (AWD) Business Contract Number: B133461
- Budget (BCD) Business Contract Number: T137200
Valencia College utilizes the Cooperative Agreement between the State of Florida and for Avis Budget Group, Inc. in-state and out-of-state business. The State of Florida Contract provides significant discounts, in addition to negotiated contract terms and acceptance of payment via a Purchase Order by the College. Because of these considerations, we strongly recommend the use of this contract when renting a car for college business. All rates include unlimited mileage and roadside assistance; liability coverage and loss damage waiver. Please note that utilization of any college contract is subject to all applicable policies and procedures and may require prior written approval.
Employees traveling to destinations where AVIS Budget Group, Inc. does not have a location, or available vehicle, we recommend quoting from more than one company to ensure you are receiving the best possible price. When using a vendor other than Avis or Budget you will be required to pay with a Purchasing Card (Pcard) or your personal credit card. If payment is made with your personal card reimbursement will need to be processed via the Travel Reimbursement form.
How to make a reservation:
- Step 1: Reservations are required be made by using the online portal State of Florida Avis Budget Group Reservation Portal. For assistance regarding receipts, updates to existing reservations, or vendor issues, please contact State of Florida Reservation Desk at 800-338-8211.
- Step 2: Enter a Requisition utilizing Reservation Confirmation Notice as your quote. (Vendor Banner ID: V03792027)
- Step 3: Procurement will issue Purchase Order (PO) and send a copy to Avis/Budget and requester.
- Step 4: Bring your Valencia College ID when picking up vehicle. As a precaution, also bring a copy of the PO.
- Step 5: Avis/Budget sends invoice directly to Accounts Payable for payment.
Purchasing Card (PCard) Payments: The cardholder must be listed as a driver and be present at the time vehicle pickup. Employees with no access to a PCard will need to request a PO.
Personal Use (Leisure Travel) Contract Number:
Personal Use Reservations can ONLY be made via the online portal State of Florida Avis Budget Group Reservations Portal.
- Do not contact the help desk for personal use reservation or you may not be given the appropriate discounted rate.
- Ensure you select the option for Leisure Travel when making the reservation
- Personal rentals do not include insurance coverage (damage waiver and liability protection).
Important Message from Risk Management Regarding Rental of 12+ Passenger Vans:
Due to the inherent roll over risk of 12 and 15 passenger vans, we advise that these vehicles not be rented for transporting groups of people. This is particularly true if the driver does not have much or any experience in these larger vehicles.
It is recommended that coach services be used for transportation needs. These companies provide well maintained vehicles and the drivers are professionals, with CDL licenses, thus greatly reducing the liability to the college.
In lieu of coach services, renters shall rent the appropriate number of minivans to transport groups. This is a safer option due to their lower center of gravity and are more “car-like” to drive.
Bus Transportation Services
Valencia College has no active contract at this time. Employees are encouraged to acquire multiple quotes to achieve the best price.