Rental Car Program
Training Requirement Notification:
All Valencia employees driving college vehicles, or rented vehicles, under Valencia’s name must complete an annual online driver safety training course available through Valencia Edge. Once training is completed, ODHR also conducts annual Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
Business Contract Number:
Rental Car Services – State of Florida Contract Number: 78111808-20-1. Contract Term: September 30, 2020 to September 30, 2025.
- Avis (AWD) Business Contract Number: B133461
- Budget (BCD) Business Contract Number: T137200
Valencia College utilizes the Cooperative Agreement between the State of Florida and for Avis Budget Group, Inc. in-state and out-of-state business. Employees are required to use this contract when renting a car for college business. If an employee uses a car rental agency other than Avis Budget Group, Inc., the traveler will only be reimbursed the lesser of the Avis Budget Group, Inc. contract rate or actual amount paid. All rates include unlimited mileage and roadside assistance; liability coverage and loss damage waiver. Please note that any utilization of any college contract is subject to all applicable policies and procedures and may require prior written approval.
How to make a reservation:
- Step 1: State of Florida Avis Budget Group Reservation Portal, or contact State of Florida Reservation Desk at 800-338-8211. Renters should use the appropriate Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) code (B133461) or Budget Corporate Discount (BCD) code (T137200) at the time of the reservation to receive the contracted rates shown on the price sheet.
- Step 2: Enter a Requisition utilizing Reservation Confirmation Notice as your quote. (Vendor Banner ID: V03792027)
- Step 3: Procurement will issue Purchase Order (PO) and send a copy to Avis/Budget and requester.
- Step 4: As a precaution, traveler should take a copy of the PO when picking up vehicle.
- Step 5: Avis/Budget sends invoice directly to Accounts Payable for payment.
Purchasing Card (PCard) Payments: The cardholder must be listed as a driver and be present at the time vehicle pickup. Employees with no access to a PCard will need to request a PO.
Personal Use Contract Number:
- Avis (AWD) Personal Use Contract Number: S954700
- Budget (BCD) Personal Use Contract Number: T118900
Avis and Budget offers Valencia employees a discount for personal use. Personal rentals do not include insurance coverage (damage waiver and liability protection). Reserve Online using the same information indicated in Step 1 but use the Personal Use Contract Number instead.
Important Message from Risk Management Regarding Rental of 12+ Passenger Vans:
Due to the inherent roll over risk of 12 and 15 passenger vans, we advise that these vehicles not be rented for transporting groups of people. This is particularly true if the driver does not have much or any experience in these larger vehicles.
It is recommended that coach services be used for transportation needs. These companies provide well maintained vehicles and the drivers are professionals, with CDL licenses, thus greatly reducing the liability to the college.
In lieu of coach services, renters shall rent the appropriate number of minivans to transport groups. This is a safer option due to their lower center of gravity and are more “car-like” to drive.
Bus Transportation Services
Valencia College has no active contract at this time. Employees are encouraged to acquire multiple quotes to achieve the best price.