Elements of Action Research
- Project Information
- Clear Goals
- Adequate Preparation
- Appropriate Methods
- Significant Results
- Reflective Critque
- Effective Presentation
Elements - Effective Presentation
A. Plan for Dissemination
It is commonly held that scholarly work should be made public. In one or two sentences,
describe how you will make your project public. The following prompts can help you
identify how you plan to make your work public, beyond the Action Research Builder.
Will I present my result to my ILP Review Panel?
- Department or discipline colleagues?
- Valencia faculty development forums, such as Destination, Faculty-to-Faculty, Assessment Initiatives?
- Professional journal article?
- Professional conference presentation?
Remember, When Communicating Your Results:
- Include measures of central tendency and measures of variation in your statistics when you gather sufficient quantitative data
- Use charts and graphs when possible
- Provide descriptive titles and clear labels
- Use scales consistently