Internationalizing the Curriculum
If you are interested in internationalizing your course curriculum, we have created several resources to assist you. The faculty resource guide provides an overview of the different ways that you can approach this work. As you approach this work, it is important to use Valencia College's Competencies of a Global Citizen to determine which knowledge, skills, and/or attitudes you will be infusing into your curriculum. If you need assistance with this work, please contact the SAGE Office.
Enroll in professional development course, INDV3351: Internationalizing the Curriculum at Home: Creating Global Citizens Locally, in Valencia College Edge.
For a tutorial on navigating Faculty Development on the Edge, please visit this link
Develop A Toolkit
Course internationalization toolkits are designed for faculty to share their ideas college-wide. Past approved Toolkits can be accessed on SAGE's SharePoint site.
- Creating a Toolkit Guidelines
- Course INZ Toolkit template
- Course INZ Toolkit Sample (HUM 1020 - this is one entry of multiple entries)
- Sample artifacts that go with the HUM 1020 toolkit (cross-cultural event):
Student & Faculty Benefits
- Cultivates internationally oriented faculty and students.
- Improves academic quality.
- Builds cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- Builds compassion, empathy, and respect for others.
- Exposes students to the attitudes and skills of global citizenship.
- Diversifies the learning environment.
- Adds additional courses to the Global Distinction Internationalized Course List.