Internationalizing the Curriculum
If you are interested in internationalizing your course curriculum, we have created several resources to assist you. The faculty resource guide provides an overview of the different ways that you can approach this work. As you approach this work, it is important to use Valencia's Competencies of a Global Citizen to determine which knowledge, skills, and/or attitudes you will be infusing into your curriculum. If you need assistance with this work, please contact the SAGE office.
Enroll in professional development course, INDV3351: Internationalizing the Curriculum at Home: Creating Global Citizens Locally, in Valencia Edge.
For a tutorial on navigating Faculty Development on the Edge, please visit this link
Professors Jerry Hensel & Heith Hennel - Internationalizing the Curriculm.
Develop A Toolkit
Course internationalization toolkits are designed for faculty to share their ideas college-wide which will be available on the Internationalizing the Curriculum SharePoint site:
- Creating a Toolkit Guidelines
- Please note that adjuncts are welcome to work on toolkits, but due to contract issues, we cannot pay stipends to them.
- Course INZ Toolkit template
- Course INZ Toolkit Sample (HUM 1020 - this is one entry of multiple entries)
- Sample artifacts that go with the HUM 1020 toolkit (cross-cultural event):
- INZ SharePoint (no password required; this hosts all the toolkits)
Student & Faculty Benefits
- Cultivates internationally oriented faculty and students.
- Improves academic quality.
- Builds cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- Diversifies the learning environment.