Interested in dual enrollment? We’d love to see you around campus. Follow the steps below to get started. There’s no cost to submit your dual enrollment application.
*Please Note - if you have applied in a previous application cycle and were not accepted, you will need submit a new application to be considered for Dual Enrollment.
It’s a lot of information—we get it. Ask a dual enrollment staff member if you need help. That’s what we’re here for.
- Application Available:
Monday, January 29, 2024
- Application Deadline:
Wednesday, February 28, 2024
- Assessment Score Deadline:
Friday, April 12, 2024
Meet Application Criteria
- Live in Orange County or Osceola County.
- Be registered at an Orange County or Osceola County Public/Charter School, eligible private school, or home school student in Orange County or Osceola County.
- Meet the high school cumulative GPA requirement at the time of application: 3.0 Unweighted CGPA (grades 6-11); 3.0 Weighted CPGA (grade 12).
- Obtain eligible test scores in Reading, Writing, & Math through PERT/ACT/SAT.
Gather Information Prior To Applying
- Student email address – do not use your middle/high school student email.
- Parent/Guardian email address – must be different from the student email.
- DE Representative (School Counselor) email address. Be sure you are using your School Counselor’s name and contact information. *This does not apply to Home School Students.
- Home School Students/FLVS applicants – You are required to provide the Letter of Verification of Home Education (LOV) from Orange or Osceola County on their official letterhead as a part of the application.
Apply For Admission
- Visit valenciacollege.edu/admissions/dual-enrollment/ and click on the APPLY NOW button.
- Select “sign up” if this is your first time applying via this portal OR select “sign in” if you have applied in previous application years.
- Provide requested information and click “submit”
- Look for an email titled “Get Started on your Valencia College Application”. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders if you don’t see the message. Make sure to write down your username and password.
- Select “Start a New Application”
- Select “Yes” for “Are you currently in high school and looking to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program?”
- Select the Application Term (Spring 2024) and click on Start Application.
- Provide all the requested information – proofread the application – and select “Submit your application”.
- Verify – Sign – Select “Verify & Submit”. Be sure you see that your application is 100% submitted.
- Always use the “Save and Continue” button while completing the application.
- Make sure to carefully read all the application, provide required information & proofread all the information provided prior to submitting the application
- Misspelled information (email addresses, names, etc.) will result in delayed application processing
After Submitting Application
- Check to be sure Parent/Guardian receives the Parent Approval Message to complete.
- Home School Parents must submit Letter of Verification from the Home School Office from your school district
- Check to be sure your School Counselor receives the School Representative Message to complete.
- This is not required for Home School Student applicants.
- Application is not considered complete until the Student, Parent/Guardian, and School Representative portions have been successfully submitted. Application cannot be processed until the 3 portions have been submitted.
- You should receive a message in 5 – 7 business days after all required sections of the application are completed. This email will include your Valencia ID (VID) number and instructions for submitting test scores.
*Eligible assessment scores must be obtained by the Assessment Score Deadline 11-9-23 to be admitted to the Dual Enrollment Program. Please refer to valenciacollege.edu/students/assessments/dual-enrollment.php for assessment information.
Test Score Requirements
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Valencia College for reading, writing and math, by the deadline for the desired term of enrollment. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.
|Test Score||Reading||Writing - English||Math||Math|