Future Dual Enrollment Students
It is the student's responsibility to submit their scores in the appropriate time needed for Valencia to receive and process. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your scores. Refer to Dual Enrollment for deadline dates.
- Student must have a processed Fall 2022 Dual Enrollment application on file and have received a VID number (V0______) before testing at Valencia.
- Valencia will not accept scores from other institutions for Dual Enrollment students. DE applicants must test at their High School or Valencia College.
- Valencia will not accept paper copies of SAT and ACT, they must be sent electronically from CollegeBoard or ACT.
- ID REQUIRED : Students must have a government issued photo ID or High School ID when testing with Valencia. A government issued photo ID can be obtained at any DMV or with the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Below are the minimum required test scores for the Dual Enrollment Program. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.
|Reading: 106||Reading: 24||Reading: 19|
|Writing: 103||Writing: 25||English: 17|
114 – Intermediate Algebra
123 – College Algebra
|24 – Intermediate Algebra
26.5 – College Algebra
|Math: 19 – Intermediate Algebra
21 – College Algebra
The following guidelines apply for both virtual and on campus testing options:
- Full PERT (reading, writing and math) takes 2.5 - 3 hours and must be completed in the same day.
- A student is allowed 3 PERT attempts at Valencia in a two-year period with a one-day wait period between attempts. To be valid, test scores must have been taken within two years.
- You cannot take the PERT on the same day.
PERT Virtual Test Requests are no longer available.
Dual Enrollment Spring 2023 Application Cycle will open in September 2022.
Valencia will not accept scores from other institutions for Dual Enrollment students. DE applicants must test at their High School or Valencia College.
PERT On-Campus Testing
All PERT testing appointments for Fall 2022 Dual Enrollment applicants are now full. The Spring 2023 Dual Enrollment application cycle will open in September 2022.
Only admitted Dual Enrollment students can test for higher-level math placement after the April 12th test score deadline.
If you have qualifying test scores from the PERT taken at your high school, please allow 10 business days for our office to retrieve the scores from your school district. Please note that there is no action needed on your part.
High School PERT scores will only be accepted electronically from your school district.
If you take the PERT after you have submitted your application, your DE school representative will need to request the district to send the updated test scores to Valencia College.
Eligibility for PERT retakes:
Review Materials found HERE.
- A student is allowed a total of 3 PERT attempts at Valencia in a two-year period.
- PERT retake fee ($10 per subject retake)
- There is a one-day wait period between attempts.
If you have taken the SAT or ACT in the past two years and they are at college level, please have your scores sent to us electronically from CollegeBoard or ACT. No other form will be accepted.
Please note: Sending SAT and ACT scores electronically will take 4 weeks to receive and process. Processing could take longer if you just tested in your High School.
It is the student's responsibility to submit their scores in the appropriate time needed for Valencia to receive and process. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your scores.
ACT scores can be sent electronically from your ACT account: http://www.actstudent.org/scores/send/
SAT scores can be sent electronically from your CollegeBoard Account: http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores/