Future Dual Enrollment Students
It is the student's responsibility to submit their scores in the appropriate time needed for Valencia to receive and process. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your scores. Refer to Dual Enrollment for deadline dates. SAT and ACT scores take 5 weeks to receive and process.
The PERT is proctored at Valencia Assessment Centers during the hours below:
Mon-Thurs: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 11 AM *Summer hours
* If you are taking the full reading, writing and math PERT, it is recommended to come by 2pm to allow enough time to complete your assessment before closing time.
Important notes at a glance:
- Student must have a Dual Enrollment application on file and have received a VID number (V0______) before testing at Valencia.
- Valencia will not accept scores from other institutions for Dual Enrollment students. DE applicants must test at their High School or Valencia College.
- Valencia will not accept paper copies of SAT and ACT, they must be sent electronically from CollegeBoard or ACT.
- REQUIRED ID: Students must have a government issued photo ID or High School ID with original Birth Certificate or Social Security Card when testing at Valencia. A government issued photo ID can be obtained at any DMV.
|Reading: 106||Reading: 24||Reading: 19|
|Writing: 103||Writing: 25||English: 17|
114 – Intermediate Algebra
123 – College Algebra
|24 – Intermediate Algebra
26.5 – College Algebra
|Math: 19 – Intermediate Algebra
21 – College Algebra
PERT at High School Campus
If you have submitted your application, Valencia will request your PERT scores from the school district.
High School PERT scores will only be accepted electronically from your school district.
If you take the PERT after you have submitted your application, your DE school representative will need to request the district to send the updated test scores to Valencia College.
PERT Testing at Valencia College
You must have the following when coming to the Assessment Center:
Valencia Identification Number (VID)- This is found in your Dual Enrollment email (V0_______).
Identification- Acceptable forms of identification include:
- A current driver’s license
- A current Valencia College student ID
- A current state or federal ID card (such as a Green Card)
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
* If you do not have a government issued photo ID, Dual Enrollment students may bring their original Birth Certificate OR Social Security Card AND their high school ID. NO copies of Social Security Card or Birth Certificate will be accepted.
- Testing is done on a walk-in basis. No appointment needed.
- *PERT takes 2.5 - 3 hours. Testing must be completed in the same day, unless a seven-day extension is needed. Please allow yourself at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours for all 3 sections of the PERT.
NOTE: Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, Proctors will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling. Do not wait last minute to complete the PERT.
- A student is allowed 3 PERT attempts at Valencia in a two-year period with a one-day wait period between attempts. To be valid, test scores must have been taken within two years.
- Valencia will not accept PERT scores taken from other post-secondary institutions.
- PERT scores are immediately input into your Valencia file after testing in Valencia's Assessment Center.
- Your initial PERT test at Valencia is free if you have applied to Valencia’s Dual Enrollment Program and have received your Valencia ID number.
- You must wait at least 24 hours between any PERT attempts. Remediation is required prior to your second attempt at Valencia.
PERT Retest at Valencia College
Eligibility for PERT retakes:
- A student is allowed a total of 3 PERT attempts at Valencia in a two-year period.
- There is a one-day wait period between attempts.
- Student must not have begun prep course sequence prior to retest.
Steps for completing PERT retakes (Students are required to complete a PERT review session prior to their second attempt):
- Obtain retake certificate from an Assessment Proctor.
- Attend a required on-campus PERT review session in the Support Center. Review the following link to see times, locations and process of a PERT Review Session: http://valenciacollege.edu/students/assessments/pert.
- Have Support Center staff sign retake certificate.
- Take certificate to the Business Office and pay retake. http://valenciacollege.edu/business-office/payments.cfm
- Return to Assessment Center with signed certificate and proof of payment.
* You may be asked to purchase a booklet from Valencia bookstore or download and print the following booklet to review:
Bookstore Prices: Reading $1.56, Writing $2.05, Math $4.00
Please speak to an Assessment Center Specialist to make sure you qualify for a retake.
Submit SAT or ACT scores
If you have taken the SAT or ACT in the past two years and they are at college level, please have your scores sent to us electronically from CollegeBoard or ACT. No other form will be accepted.
Please note: Sending SAT and ACT scores electronically will take 5 weeks to receive and process. This includes requests made for rush delivery.
It is the student's responsibility to submit their scores in the appropriate time needed for Valencia to receive and process. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your scores.
ACT scores can be sent electronically from your ACT account: http://www.actstudent.org/scores/send/
SAT scores can be sent electronically from your CollegeBoard Account: http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores/