Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
At a Glance
Retake Wait Period
30 days (May take on the 31st day)
Maximum of 3 times in 12 months; this includes tests taken at other institutions. Number of attempts is calculated from the anniversary of your first attempt.
Valencia Student- $65 per test
Non-Valencia Student- $85 per test
Test fees are non-refundable.
*Prices subject to change
Time Required209 minutes
**Testing for other institutions is allowed. However, any test scores that do not meet Valencia’s testing policy (above) will NOT be valid for Valencia Health Science admission. Students are advised to get approval from their institutions before testing at Valencia.
Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, a proctor will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling.
About the ATI TEAS
For information regarding the ATI TEAS, please review the content changes.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required to enter most Health Sciences programs.
The ATI TEAS is a computerized test consisting of 170 multiple choice questions with a time limit of 209 minutes for the test.
- Reading contains 53 questions and is timed at 64 minutes
- Mathematics contains 36 questions and is timed at 54 minutes
- Science contains 53 questions and is timed at 63 minutes
- English and Language Usage contains 28 questions and is timed for 28 minute.
To take the test in the Assessment Center, please follow the steps below:
Step #1- Apply to Valencia (Non-Valencia applicants may start at Step #2)
- All candidates applying for Valencia’s Health Sciences Programs and requires the TEAS, must have an active application on file and have paid the $35 application fee. Applications take 3-5 business days to process.
- Wait to receive an email or letter of acceptance with an explanation on your next steps - Assessments and New Student Orientation.
- Create an Atlas account
Step #2 Create Account with ATI (for first time testers only)
You must create a login at ATItesting.com
- Click on ”Create an account”
- Follow prompts
- For Institution select: Valencia College ADN
- Create a user name and password
- Do NOT select a test, the Assessment Center will load the test for you
- You’ll need to remember or have the user ID and password you created on the date of the test, so you may want to write it down.
Step #3- Appointment and Fee
Make an appointment to take the TEAS exam and pay the test fee online. Test fees are non-refundable.
Step #4 Test Day (The test takes approximately 3.5 hours)
• You must have a current government issued photo ID or Valencia ID
• Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment or you might need to be re-scheduled.
• Due to limited schedule availability, it is important, to keep your appointment. No cancellation or reschedules within 48 hours of your appointment. To reschedule your appointment you must log into your RegisterBlast account.
- Results will be printed and given to you immediately after testing.
- The TEAS test is always proctored as a package, you cannot take specific sections of the test
- Your TEAS scores will be entered into your Valencia Account immediately after testing.
- The Assessment Center does NOT set the minimum scores needed for any Health Sciences programs. To know what the scores needed for your program, please contact the Health Sciences department or attend their Health Sciences Information Session. For more information about Health Sciences please visit their website.
TEAS Testing Policies
- Testing candidates are required to follow the rules of the assessment lab.
- Any infraction of the rules will be considered cheating, and you will be dismissed from the test.
- Students must hear and agree ATI’s greeting and Copyright information prior to taking the TEAS exam.
If you would like to transfer scores from tests taken at Valencia College, go to the ATI testing online store, click on TEAS/Discover Transcripts. You will be asked to fill out a form. The scores will be sent electronically.
Valencia will accept your previous ATI TEAS scores from another institution. You may request your scores by going to ATI online stores. Please make sure your scores are sent to Valencia College (Valencia ADN).
**Please note, Valencia cannot provide official scores for this test. All requests must be done through ATItesting.com