Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The TEAS is now available virtually!
- About TEAS
- Guidelines for Taking The TEAS Virtual testing now available!
- Before You Make an Appointment
- Make your Appointment
- Day of Your Appointment
- TEAS Policies
- TEAS Review Material
- TEAS Retakes
- TEAS Scores
- TEAS Transcripts
For information regarding the ATI TEAS, please review the content changes.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required to enter most Health Sciences programs.
The ATI TEAS is a computerized test consisting of 170 multiple choice questions with a time limit of 209 minutes for the test.
- Reading contains 53 questions and is timed at 64 minutes
- Mathematics contains 36 questions and is timed at 54 minutes
- Science contains 53 questions and is timed at 63 minutes
- English and Language Usage contains 28 questions and is timed for 28 minute.
Virtual proctoring for the TEAS is done through Proctorio, a Google Chrome extension. Please note the following information that is unique to taking the TEAS virtually:
- Test sessions are recorded through Proctorio for review by ATI security teams.
- Both audio and video will be recorded.
- You will be required to use a webcam to show a scan of the room you plan to test in.
- You will need to verify your identity by showing a current government issued photo ID or Valencia ID.
- The test is 4 sections and is timed at a total of 209 minutes (3 hours and 29 minutes) with each section having its own time limit.
- All testing must be completed in one sitting.
- We advise setting aside a total of 4 hours to test.
- Virtual calculators will be provided on screen during the sections they are allowed.
- Use of outside electronic devices is not permitted.
- You are allowed to have one sheet of scrap paper and a writing utensil with you.
- If you do not beginning your exam within 15 minutes of your scheduled time you will not be admitted into the test and will have to reschedule their exam.
- You will need to have a current government issued photo ID or Valencia student ID with them.
- The TEAS test is always proctored as a package, you cannot take specific sections of the test.
Review the Minimum Requirements
To complete the TEAS virtually, there are a few minimum requirements you will need in order to test. The following are the basic requirements for taking the TEAS virtually:
- A quiet room to test in (you will need to show the room on camera).
- A stable internet connection.
- Desktop or Laptop computer (NO iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used).
- Google Chrome Browser
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external.
If you do not have all of the requirements listed above, you will not be able to take your TEAS virtually and should not make an appointment.
- Navigate to ATItesting.com
- Select "I'm a Nursing Student"
- Click on ”Create an account”
- Follow prompts
- For Institution select: Valencia College ADN
- Create a user name and password
- Do NOT select a test. You will receive a test ID after you make an appointment.
- You’ll need to remember or have the user ID and password you created on the date of the test, so you may want to write it down.
Complete a Practice/Dry Run
To ensure that your computer has all the proper hardware required to take the TEAS exam with Proctorio, ATI has created a process called a "dry run". This process allows you to troubleshoot any issues in a low-risk environment that might occur when you attempt to test on your appointment date. It mimics the exact process you will complete before taking your actual exam and takes only about 15 minutes to complete.
We highly recommend that you complete the dry run before scheduling your appointment to avoid technical complications. Delays in starting your exam due to technical complications may require that your exam be rescheduled. Please make sure that you complete the dry run on the computer you intend to use on your testing date.
To initiate the dry run process, follow the steps below:
- Log into your ATI account (if you do not have an account, click here to see the instructions on how to create one).
- Navigate to the My ATI tab in your student account.
- Select the Test tab. There you will see a box labeled “Remote Proctoring Dry Run.”
- Click beginning to start your dry run.
If you encounter any issues during your dry run you may contact ATI Support at 1-800-667-7531. If you have successfully completed your dry run, continue below to make an appointment to take your TEAS exam.
- Valencia Student- $65 per test
- Non-Valencia Student- $85 per test
- Make a TEAS Appointment
Note: You may reschedule your appointment up to 5 hours before your appointment time. To reschedule, follow the instructions found by clicking here.
- The day before your appointment, you will receive an email from one of our proctors to the email address created with your appointment with.
- The email will provide detailed instructions on how to beginning your TEAS exam virtually.
- DO NOT follow the instructions until your appointment time as this will immediately beginning your exam.
ATI TEAS Testing Policies
- By making an appointment with Valencia College, you are agreeing to follow the rules presented by ATI at the beginning of your exam.
- Virtual testing sessions are recorded and subject to review, any infractions of these rules will be considered cheating and may result in your scores being invalidated.
- Students must hear and agree ATI’s greeting and Copyright information prior to taking the TEAS exam.
- Testing for other institutions is allowed. However, any test scores that do not meet Valencia’s testing policy (above) will NOT be valid for Valencia Health Science admission. Students are advised to get approval from their institutions before testing at Valencia.
Please note that you must be a current Valencia student to access these materials.
- If you need to retake the TEAS, you may schedule another appointment using the link on this page.
- TEAS may be taken 3 times in a 12-month period; this includes tests taken at other institutions. Number of attempts is calculated from the anniversary of your first attempt.
- You must wait 30 days between tests. Retakes may be taken on the 31st day of your
- You may view your results immediately upon completion of your exam and continue to view them at any time through your ATI account by navigating to the “My Results” tab at the top of your ATI homepage.
- If you are a current Valencia student, you will have your scores attached to your ATLAS account within 24 hours of test completion. You can view your test scores though your ATLAS account following the steps located here: How to View Your Scores.
- If you are applying to programs outside of Valencia, it is necessary to send your scores to your chosen program through your ATI account.
- The Assessment Department does NOT set the minimum scores needed for any Health Sciences programs. To know what the scores needed for your program are, please contact the Health Sciences department. For more information about Health Sciences please visit their website.
- ATI TEAS scores may be used for five years. Scores on record may be used for admission criteria if test dates are less than five years old at the time of the program application.
- Valencia Nursing Programs do not accept TEAS V scores.
- If you would like to transfer scores from tests taken at Valencia College, go to the ATI testing online store, click on TEAS/Discover Transcripts. You will be asked to fill out a form. The scores will be sent electronically.
- Valencia will accept your previous ATI TEAS scores from another institution. You may request your scores by going to ATI online stores. Please make sure your scores are sent to Valencia College (Valencia ADN).
- ATI Score Matching Request Form
- This request is only to match up your score report from ATI to your Valencia account. Note: You must still request your scores be sent from ATI to Valencia.
- ATI Score Matching Request Form
- **Please note, Valencia cannot provide official scores for this test. All requests must be done through ATItesting.com**