Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The ATI TEAS Version 7 exam will be released on June 3, 2022. All exams taken on June 3, 2022 and after will be proctored with the new ATI TEAS, Version 7 exam blueprint. Visit ATI TEAS, Version 7 webpage for more information.
For information regarding the ATI TEAS, Version 7, please review the content changes.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required to enter most Health Sciences programs.
The ATI TEAS 7 test is comprised of 170 questions that are formatted as both multiple-choice items with 4 answer options and alternate-type items. This includes 150 scored questions and 20 unscored pretest questions. Students have 209 minutes to complete the exam.
- Reading contains 45 questions and is timed at 55 minutes
- Mathematics contains 38 questions and is timed at 57 minutes
- Science contains 50 questions and is timed at 60 minutes
- English and Language Usage contains 37 questions and is timed for 37 minutes
- The test is 4 sections and is timed at a total of 209 minutes (3 hours and 29 minutes) with each section having its own time limit.
- All testing must be completed in one sitting.
- We advise setting aside a total of 4 hours to test.
- Virtual calculators will be provided on screen during the sections they are allowed.
- Use of outside electronic devices is not permitted.
- You are allowed to have one sheet of scrap paper and a writing utensil with you.
- If you do not begin your exam within 15 minutes of your scheduled time you will not be admitted into the test and will have to reschedule your exam.
- You will need to have a current government issued photo ID with you.
- The TEAS test is always proctored as a package, you cannot take specific sections of the test.
ATI TEAS Testing Policies
- By making an on-campus appointment with Valencia College, you are agreeing to follow the rules presented by ATI at the beginning of your exam.
- Students must hear and agree to ATI’s greeting and Copyright information prior to taking the TEAS exam.
- Students are allowed to test with other institutions or directly with ATI, however, any test scores that do not meet Valencia College's testing policy will NOT be valid for Valencia College Health Sciences admission.
You must wait 30 days between tests. Retakes may be taken on the 31st day of your prior attempt.
Appointments are required for all on-campus testing.
Make an appointment by clicking on your desired campus below (Active Valencia College students only):
Valencia College Student- $65 per test
TEAS is currently not available at the Downtown Campus.
NOTE: Assessment staff may contact you regarding your appointment via phone and/or email provided on your registration.
Before On-Campus Test Day
- Review TEAS Preparation Material
- Create an ATItesting.com Account
In order to test, you will need to create an account at ATItesting.com. Follow these steps to do so:
- Navigate to ATItesting.com
- Select "I'm a Nursing Student"
- Click on ”Create an account”
- Follow prompts
- For Institution select: Valencia College ADN
- Create a user name and password
- Do NOT select a test. You will receive a test ID when you arrive for your appointment
- You’ll need to remember or have the user ID and password you created on the date of the test, so you may want to write it down
On-Campus Test Day Preparation
- Bring your government-issued photo ID on test day -We are unable to accept Florida Smart ID at this time. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card (such as a Green Card)
- A current passport
- Personal items will not be permitted in the Testing Center. NO large bags or purses allowed
- Arrive on time to your appointment or you might need to be re-scheduled
- Testing candidates are the only persons allowed in the Testing Center. Relatives/friends must wait outside of the Testing Center. Children are not to be left unattended in the Testing Center lobby or anywhere outside during the duration of testing
Effective June 7, 2022, virtual TEAS testing directly with Valencia College will no longer be offered. Alternatively, our on-campus testing availability has been expanded for your convenience.
For students who desire to take the TEAS virtually, please note virtual TEAS testing options are available directly through ATI. If you are interested in learning more about these options and requirements , please visit the ATI TEAS Online Remote Proctoring website.
There are a variety of prep resources available to help you study for the test – all aligned to the ATI TEAS, Version 7 and packed with thousands of practice questions based on the content and format of the actual exam.
Below are TEAS Reviews created by Valencia College Staff. Click on the appropriate link and self-enroll in the Canvas courses to review materials in preparing to take the TEAS
Please note that you must be a current Valencia College student to access these materials.
ATI, the official provider of prep for the exam, recommends that you allow yourself at least six weeks to prepare for the exam. Below are TEAS resources created by ATI.
- If you need to retake the TEAS, you may schedule another appointment using the link on this page.
- TEAS may be taken 3 times in a 12-month period; this includes tests taken at other institutions or with ATI Remote Proctoring. Number of attempts is calculated from the anniversary of your first attempt.
- You must wait 30 days between tests. Retakes may be taken on the 31st day of your prior attempt.
NOTE: TEAS may be taken 3 times in a 12-month period; this includes tests taken at other institutions or with ATI Remote Proctoring. Number of attempts is calculated from the anniversary of your first attempt. You must wait 30 days between tests. Retakes may be taken on the 31st day of your prior attempt.
- You may view your results immediately upon completion of your exam and continue to view them at any time through your ATI account by navigating to the “My Results” tab at the top of your ATI homepage.
- If you are testing on-campus, you will have your scores attached to your ATLAS account within 24 hours of test completion. You can view your test scores though your ATLAS account following the steps located here: How to View Your Scores.
- If you are applying to programs outside of Valencia College, it is necessary to send your scores to your chosen program through your ATI account.
- The Assessment Department does NOT set the minimum scores needed for any Health Sciences programs. To know what the scores needed for your program are, please contact the Health Sciences department. For more information about Health Sciences please visit their website.
- ATI TEAS scores may be used for five years. Scores on record may be used for admission criteria if test dates are less than five years old at the time of the program application.
- Valencia College Health Sciences Programs do not accept TEAS IV or V scores.
- If you would like to transfer scores from tests taken at Valencia College, go to the ATI testing online store, click on TEAS Transcripts. You will be asked to fill out a form. The scores will be sent electronically.
- Valencia College will accept your previous ATI TEAS scores from another institution. You may request your scores by going to ATI online stores. Please make sure your scores are sent to Valencia College (Valencia ADN). Please see TEAS transcript process.
- ATI Score Matching Request Form
- This request is only to match up your score report from ATI to your Valencia College account. Note: You must still request your scores be sent from ATI to Valencia College.
- ATI Score Matching Request Form
- Please note, Valencia College cannot provide official scores for this test. All requests must be done through ATItesting.com