Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The TEAS is now available virtually!
Click "TEAS Instructions" below to get started
- About TEAS
- TEAS Review Material
- TEAS Instructions Virtual testing now available!
- TEAS Policies
- TEAS Transcripts
About the ATI TEAS
For information regarding the ATI TEAS, please review the content changes.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required to enter most Health Sciences programs.
The ATI TEAS is a computerized test consisting of 170 multiple choice questions with a time limit of 209 minutes for the test.
- Reading contains 53 questions and is timed at 64 minutes
- Mathematics contains 36 questions and is timed at 54 minutes
- Science contains 53 questions and is timed at 63 minutes
- English and Language Usage contains 28 questions and is timed for 28 minute.
Virtual proctoring for the TEAS is done through Proctorio, a Google Chrome extension. Please note the following information that is unique to taking the TEAS virtually:
- Test sessions are recorded through Proctorio for review by ATI security teams.
- Both audio and video will be recorded.
- You will be required to use a webcam to show a scan of the room you plan to test in.
- You will need to verify your identity by showing a current government issued photo ID or Valencia ID
Below are TEAS Reviews created by Valencia Staff. Click on the appropriate link and self-enroll in the Canvas courses to review materials in preparing to take the TEAS.
Please note that you must be a current Valencia student to access these materials.
The following are basic requirements for taking the TEAS virtually:
- A quiet room to test in (you will need to show the room on camera).
- A stable internet connection.
- Desktop or Laptop computer (NO iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used).
- Google Chrome Browser
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external.
If you do not have all of the requirements listed above, you will not be able to take your TEAS virtually and should not make an appointment.
Please use the following instructions to schedule a virtual TEAS appointment:
Step #1- Apply to Valencia (Non-Valencia applicants may start at Step #2)
- All candidates applying for Valencia’s Health Sciences Programs and requires the TEAS, must have an active application on file and have paid the $35 application fee. Applications take 3-5 business days to process.
- Wait to receive an email or letter of acceptance with an explanation on your next steps - Assessments and New Student Orientation.
- Create an Atlas account
Step #2 Create Account with ATI (for first time testers only)
You must create a login at ATItesting.com
- Click on ”Create an account”
- Follow prompts
- For Institution select: Valencia College ADN
- Create a user name and password
- Do NOT select a test. You will receive a test ID after you make an appointment.
- You’ll need to remember or have the user ID and password you created on the date of the test, so you may want to write it down.
Step #3- Appointment and Fee
Currently only virtual appointments are available at this time.
Use the links below to make an appointment to take the TEAS exam virtually and pay the test fee online.
Test Fees (Test fees are non-refundable/Prices subject to change)
Valencia Student- $65 per test
Non-Valencia Student- $85 per test
Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance of your test date.
Step #4: Receive Test Instructions via Email
The day before your exam, you will receive an email to the email address you created your appointment with from one of our proctors with detailed instructions on how you begin and complete your TEAS exam virtually. Please read these instructions carefully and thoroughly. There will also be video instructions linked within the email.
Step #5: Test Day (The test takes approximately 3.5 hours)
- You must have a current government issued photo ID or Valencia ID
- If you do not begin your exam 15 minutes after your scheduled testing time you will not be able to begin the exam and will need to reschedule.
- Due to limited schedule availability, it is important, to keep your appointment. No cancellation or reschedules within 48 hours of your appointment. To reschedule your appointment, you must log into your RegisterBlast account.
- You may view your results immediately after your test and at any point afterward on the ATI website.
- The TEAS test is always proctored as a package, you cannot take specific sections of the test.
- Your TEAS scores will be entered into your Valencia Account after your test session has been reviewed by the ATI security team.
- The Assessment Center does NOT set the minimum scores needed for any Health Sciences programs. To know what the scores needed for your program, please contact the Health Sciences department or attend their Health Sciences Information Session. For more information about Health Sciences please visit their website.
TEAS Testing Policies
- Testing candidates are required to follow the rules presented by ATI at the beginning of the assessment.
- Virtual testing sessions are recorded and subject to review, any infractions of these rules will be considered cheating and may result in your scores being invalidated.
- Students must hear and agree ATI’s greeting and Copyright information prior to taking the TEAS exam.
- Testing for other institutions is allowed. However, any test scores that do not meet Valencia’s testing policy (above) will NOT be valid for Valencia Health Science admission. Students are advised to get approval from their institutions before testing at Valencia.
Retake Wait Period
30 days (May take on the 31st day)
Maximum of 3 times in 12 months; this includes tests taken at other institutions. Number of attempts is calculated from the anniversary of your first attempt.
ATI TEAS scores may be used for five years. Scores on record may be used for admission criteria if test dates are less than five years old at the time of the program application.
If you would like to transfer scores from tests taken at Valencia College, go to the ATI testing online store, click on TEAS/Discover Transcripts. You will be asked to fill out a form. The scores will be sent electronically.
Valencia will accept your previous ATI TEAS scores from another institution. You may request your scores by going to ATI online stores. Please make sure your scores are sent to Valencia College (Valencia ADN).
ATI Score Matching Request Form
This request is only to match up your score report from ATI to your Valencia account. Note: You must still request your scores be sent from ATI to Valencia.
**Please note, Valencia cannot provide official scores for this test. All requests must be done through ATItesting.com**