ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF)
About the AAF for higher level math placement
The AAF is a non timed assessment with 20 multiple choice questions used to determine if a student is ready for a higher level math such as Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus etc.
To be eligible for the AAF, you must have a minimum grade of C in MAT 1033C or appropriate score on one of the approved assessments below:
SAT (test score) math: 26.5 or higher
ACT math: 21 or higher
PERT math: 123 or higher
Please note: Valencia College will only accept official scores for the SAT, ACT, and PERT.
Please see Requesting/Submitting Scores for more information on how to submit your scores for our records prior to taking the AAF.
Please see the placement chart for the list of ACCUPLACER AAF placement Math courses:
|ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF)||Higher Level Placement|
|239 or less||MAC 1105 College Algebra|
|240 or more||MAC 1114 College Trigonometry
MAC 1140 Pre-Calculus Algebra
MAC 2233 Calculus for Business and Social Science
|265 or more||MAC 2311 Calculus with Analytical Geometry I|
Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, a proctor will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling.
Appointments are required for all on-campus testing.
Make an appointment by clicking on your desired campus below:
- Downtown Campus
- East Campus
- Lake Nona Campus
- Osceola Campus
- Poinciana Campus
- West Campus
- Winter Park Campus
NOTE: Assessment staff may contact you regarding your appointment via phone and/or email provided on your registration.
Preparing for on-campus testing:
- Prepare for the test with the AAF Review Material
- Bring your ID on test day- We are unable to accept Florida Smart ID at this time. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current driver’s license
- A current Valencia College student ID
- A current state or federal ID card (such as a Green Card)
- A current passport
- Personal items will not be permitted in the Testing Center. NO large bags or purses allowed
- Arrive on time to your appointment or you might need to be re-scheduled
- Testing candidates are the only persons allowed in the Testing Center. Relatives/friends must wait outside of the Testing Center. Children are not to be left unattended in the Testing Center lobby or anywhere outside during the duration of testing.
You can take the ACCUPLACER ESL virtually by registering through RegisterBlast. This process may take up to two business days before you can launch your virtual ACCUPLACER ESL test session. Your virtual test session will be proctored by Examity.
*Virtual Testing Disclaimer*
- Virtual testing may not be the fastest option to get your scores in your Atlas account for course registration. You may see your scores after testing, however, your recorded session must be validated prior to scores being entered into your account.
- There is a processing period before and after your virtual testing session.
- Success in virtual testing will depend on your comfort with troubleshooting technology on your own and your network reliability.
- Live tech support is limited for virtual testing.
- By choosing the virtual option, you agree to providing a webcam or laptop with a camera that can show the whole room and desk space.
- After your test session is completed, it may take up to 5 business days to process your test session.
We encourage you to test on campus if you want immediate support and score processing into your Atlas account.
Requirements to take this assessment virtually:
- A government-issued or school-issued photo ID on test day
- Stable internet connection for duration of test session
- A computer with audio capabilities
- A detachable webcam or computer with a built in camera that can show the whole room and desk space
- Desk space must be clear of any electronics
- Power cord for laptop if applicable
During the virtual testing session, engaging in the following misconduct is strictly prohibited and will result in invalidating your test session scores and may result in a disciplinary meeting.
- Text predictions including Grammarly.
- Webpage translators including the use of Google Translate. The test must be taken in English.
- Electronic devices such as cellphones, must be turned off (not on silent or vibrate).
- You must remain on the testing website, do not open other windows, browsers, online calculators, or the start button.
- Pausing or ending the test session via the Examity application.
- Leaving the room during your test session.
- Conversing with others.
- The use of a second monitor, computer or tablet.
- No dictionaries, calculators, watches, notes or any other aids are allowed during the test.
- Any electronic device on your desk or table other than your computer.
- Listening to music.
- Wearing headphones.
Register for a Virtual ACCUPLACER AAF Test Session
To start the virtual ACCUPLACER AAF process, first click this AAF VIRTUAL registration link, then follow the instructions below:
- Select Virtual testing
- Select AAF Advanced Math
- Select First Time Taking AAF Advanced Math or Retaking AAF Advanced Math ($10.00-Review Retake Requirements)
- Enter personal information, email, agree to the terms, enter your VID and staff name. Please enter an email that you check regularly and be sure to check your spam/junk folder in case our communication finds its way there.
- Click “Add to cart” in green
- Click “ready to checkout” in green
- Enter payment information if you are retaking the AAF
- Within 2 business days, you will receive a follow-up email at the address provided on your registration with a voucher code and necessary steps needed to complete your test virtually. **PLEASE check your junk/spam folder for any emails from RegisterBlast or Examity.
- Prepare with the AAF Review Material and see the AAF testing rules prior to test day.
AAF Review Material
Sign up and use College Board’s free ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App (look for AAF)
Take a look at the AAF Review Booklet
Click here for CollegeBoard Sample Questions
Steps for AAF Retake
(1 retake per 24 months)
All AAF retakes require a:
- You may take the ACCUPLACER AAF two times within two years with a 1-day wait period between tests. Number of attempts is calculated from the anniversary of your first attempt.
- 1 day (24 hour) waiting period between tests
- AAF retake fee ($10 per subject retake)
- Refer to AAF Review Material above