Taking the AAF
At a Glance
All assessment centers are closed on college-wide holidays.
Closed on Monday, November 11, 2019Mon-Thurs: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 11 AM
Appointment for Downtown Campus Students Only
Retake Wait Period
Test FeesMust pay application fees
No Charge 1st attempt, $10 Retake fee
Valencia's Payment Method
Time RequiredNo Time Limit
Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, a proctor will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling.
Advance Algebra and Functions for Higher Level Math Placement (AAF)
The AAF is used to determine if a student is ready for a higher level math such as Trigonometry, Calculus, Pre-Calculus, Statistics etc.
We must have the following scores or higher on file with Valencia to be eligible for
On or after March 1, 2016 SAT math: 26.5 or higher
ACT math: 21 or higher
PERT math: 123 or higher
CPT math: 90 or higher
Please note: Valencia will only accept official scores for the SAT, ACT, PERT and CPT. Please see Requesting/Submitting Scores for more information on how to submit your scores for our records prior to taking the AAF.
Please see the placement chart for the list of AAF or former CPTI placement Math courses:
Advanced Algebra and Functions
Higher Level Placement
|249 or less||64 or less||MAC 1105: College Algebra|
|250 or more||65 or more||MAC 1114: College Trigonometry
MAC 1140: Pre-Calculus Algebra
MAC 2233: Calculus for Business and Social Science
MAE 2801: Elementary School Math
MHF 2300: Logic and Proof in Math
|275 or more||89 or more||MAC 2311: Calculus with Analytical Geometry I|
Sign up and use College Board’s free ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App (for CPTI and AAF)
Take a look at the AAF Review Booklet
Click here for CollegeBoard Sample Questions
*Refer to your campus Learning Support for more information on what is required for the retake review.
Bookstore Price: CPT-I $2.30 (Price subject to change)
Steps for AAF Retake (1 retake per 24 months)
Downtown Campus retake process is different than all other Valencia Campuses. Please call 407-235-3825 for more information on retakes at the Downtown Campus.
All AAF retakes require a:
- 1 day (24 hour) waiting period between tests
- AAF Retake Review Session per subtest
- AAF retake fee ($10 per subject retake)
1. Obtain your AAF scores and confirm retake eligibility with your Assessment Center
2. Receive AAF Retake Certificate from your Assessment Center
3. Review the following link to see times, locations and process of a PERT/AAF Review Session: valenciacollege.edu/students/assessments/pert.php
4. Attend the AAF Retake Review Session(s) and get your certificate(s) signed
5. Pay at your business office: http://valenciacollege.edu/students/business-office/payments.php
6. Return to the Assessment Center with your certificate(s) and payment receipt to retake the AAF.
Be sure to work through the problems and bring in questions to the tutoring lab