Taking the ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF)
There are two ways you can take the AAF at Valencia College
On Campus: AAF Testing (appointment required)
About the AAF for higher level math placement
The AAF is a non timed assessment used to determine if a student is ready for a higher level math such as Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus etc.
We must have the following scores or higher on file with Valencia to be eligible for
SAT (test score) math: 26.5 or higher
ACT math: 21 or higher
PERT math: 123 or higher
CPT math: 90 or higher
Please note: Valencia will only accept official scores for the SAT, ACT, PERT and CPT.
Please see Requesting/Submitting Scores for more information on how to submit your scores for our records prior to taking the AAF.
Please see the placement chart for the list of AAF or former CPTI placement Math courses:
|ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF)||CPT-I||Higher Level Placement|
|239 or less||64 or less||MAC 1105 College Algebra|
|240 or more||65 or more||MAC 1114 College Trigonometry
MAC 1140 Pre-Calculus Algebra
MAC 2233 Calculus for Business and Social Science
MAE 2801 Elementary School Math
MHF 2300 Logic and Proof in Math
|265 or more||89 or more||MAC 2311 Calculus with Analytical Geometry I|
Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, a proctor will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling.
On-Campus testing will begin August 4th.
Appointments are required for all on-campus testing.
Make an appointment by clicking on your desired campus below:
- Downtown Campus
- East Campus
- Lake Nona Campus
- Osceola Campus
- Poinciana Campus
- West Campus
- Winter Park Campus
NOTE: Assessment staff may contact you regarding your appointment via phone and/or email provided on your registration.
Preparing for on-campus testing:
- Prepare for the test with the AAF Review Material
- Bring your ID on test day- acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current driver’s license
- A current Valencia College student ID
- A current state or federal ID card (such as a Green Card)
- A current passport
- Personal items will not be permitted in the Testing Center. NO large bags or purses allowed
- Arrive on time to your appointment or you might need to be re-scheduled
- Testing candidates are the only persons allowed in the Testing Center. Relatives/friends must wait outside of the Testing Center. Children are not to be left unattended in the Testing Center lobby or anywhere outside during the duration of testing.
Schedule a Virtual AAF Appointment
You can take the AAF virtually by scheduling an appointment.
First, click this AAF VIRTUAL appointment link, then following the instructions below:
1. Select Virtual testing
2. Select AAF Advanced Math
3. Select First Time Taking AAF Advanced Math or Retaking AAF Advanced Math ($10.00-Review Retake Requirements)
4. Select date and time
5. Enter personal information, email, agree to the terms, enter your VID and staff name. Please enter an email that you check regularly and be sure to check your spam/junk folder in case our communication finds its way there.
6. For staff name you can enter any of them
7. Click “Add to cart” in green
8. Click “ready to checkout” in green
9. Enter payment information if you are retaking the AAF
AAF Review Material
Sign up and use College Board’s free ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App (look for AAF)
Take a look at the AAF Review Booklet
Click here for CollegeBoard Sample Questions
Steps for AAF Retake
(1 retake per 24 months)
All AAF retakes require a:
- 1 day (24 hour) waiting period between tests
- AAF retake fee ($10 per subject retake)
- Refer to AAF Review Material above