Taking the ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF)
About the AAF for higher level math placement
The AAF is a non timed assessment used to determine if a student is ready for a higher level math such as Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus etc.
We must have the following scores or higher on file with Valencia College to be eligible
for the AAF:
SAT (test score) math: 26.5 or higher
ACT math: 21 or higher
PERT math: 123 or higher
Please note: Valencia College will only accept official scores for the SAT, ACT, and PERT.
Please see Requesting/Submitting Scores for more information on how to submit your scores for our records prior to taking the AAF.
Please see the placement chart for the list of ACCUPLACER AAF placement Math courses:
|ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF)||Higher Level Placement|
|239 or less||MAC 1105 College Algebra|
|240 or more||MAC 1114 College Trigonometry
MAC 1140 Pre-Calculus Algebra
MAC 2233 Calculus for Business and Social Science
MAE 2801 Elementary School Math
MHF 2300 Logic and Proof in Math
|265 or more||MAC 2311 Calculus with Analytical Geometry I|
Technical difficulties inherent with the internet, software or transmission may occur during your testing experience and are unpredictable. If unexpected technical difficulties occur, a proctor will make every attempt to promptly resume your assessment. Extended delays in testing may require rescheduling.
Appointments are required for all on-campus testing.
Make an appointment by clicking on your desired campus below:
- Downtown Campus
- East Campus
- Lake Nona Campus
- Osceola Campus
- Poinciana Campus
- West Campus
- Winter Park Campus
NOTE: Assessment staff may contact you regarding your appointment via phone and/or email provided on your registration.
Preparing for on-campus testing:
- Prepare for the test with the AAF Review Material
- Bring your ID on test day- We are unable to accept Florida Smart ID at this time. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current driver’s license
- A current Valencia College student ID
- A current state or federal ID card (such as a Green Card)
- A current passport
- Personal items will not be permitted in the Testing Center. NO large bags or purses allowed
- Arrive on time to your appointment or you might need to be re-scheduled
- Testing candidates are the only persons allowed in the Testing Center. Relatives/friends must wait outside of the Testing Center. Children are not to be left unattended in the Testing Center lobby or anywhere outside during the duration of testing.
You can take the ACCUPLACER ESL virtually by registering through RegisterBlast. This process may take up to two business days before you can launch your virtual ACCUPLACER ESL test session. Your virtual test session will be proctored by Proctortrack.
*Virtual Testing Disclaimer*
- Virtual testing may not be the fastest option to get your scores in your Atlas account for course registration. You may see your scores after testing, however, your recorded session must be validated prior to scores being entered into your account.
- There is a processing period before and after your virtual testing session.
- Success in virtual testing will depend on your comfort with troubleshooting technology on your own and your network reliability.
- Live tech support is limited for virtual testing.
- By choosing the virtual option, you agree to providing a webcam or laptop with a camera that can show the whole room and desk space.
We encourage you to test on campus if you want immediate support and score processing into your Atlas account.
Requirements to take this assessment virtually:
- A government-issued or school-issued photo ID on test day
- Stable internet connection for duration of test session
- A computer with audio capabilities
- A detachable webcam laptop with build in camera that can show the whole room and desk space
Register for a Virtual ACCUPLACER AAF Test Session
To start the virtual ACCUPLACER AAF process, first click this AAF VIRTUAL registration link, then follow the instructions below:
1. Select Virtual testing
2. Select AAF Advanced Math
3. Select First Time Taking AAF Advanced Math or Retaking AAF Advanced Math ($10.00-Review Retake Requirements)
4. Enter personal information, email, agree to the terms, enter your VID and staff name. Please enter an email that you check regularly and be sure to check your spam/junk folder in case our communication finds its way there.
5. Click “Add to cart” in green
6. Click “ready to checkout” in green
7. Enter payment information if you are retaking the AAF
8. Within 2 business days, you will receive a follow-up email at the address provided on your registration with a voucher code and necessary steps needed to complete your test virtually. **PLEASE check your junk/spam folder for any emails from RegisterBlast or Proctortrack.
AAF Review Material
Sign up and use College Board’s free ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App (look for AAF)
Take a look at the AAF Review Booklet
Click here for CollegeBoard Sample Questions
Steps for AAF Retake
(1 retake per 24 months)
All AAF retakes require a:
- 1 day (24 hour) waiting period between tests
- AAF retake fee ($10 per subject retake)
- Refer to AAF Review Material above